Player Watch Billy Stretch - delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

In my original post I said he's doing well, just feels like the rest of our kids he's getting sucked up into the contest too often and he's not getting it outside as much as last year
Thats because he's not your typical 'soft' outside that skirts the packs. Billy is a tough little bugger who likes to get in and get his hands dirty.
Spoke to Crossy after a game we played up here in the bush and he had such a glowing endorsement for Stretch. Said while its easy for supporters to get excited about Petracca Oliver Brayshaw etc, Stretch was streets ahead of those names in terms of professionalism and work ethic. Said hes the 'Kade Simpson' type in that he will get to 200 games with no fuss and fanfare in the media but respected enormously internally in opposition teams.

No point judging anybody's outside game on the wet slog that was ANZAC Eve, there was not much outside ball to be had. In general I think Stretch's work as a link man on the wing is pretty good.

I dunno not a criticism really because he's still young, I just don't think he's that effective in the contest due to his size. He goes when it's his turn but outside of that he should be standing 10m outside the contest
Freo didn't get Brad Hill to win contested footy

It's got me munted... JKH still in the team and Billie gets a holliday. Oh well, at least we cannot trade him to Fitzroy.
How is JKH even on an afl list let alone in the team?

I think we looked alot slower without ol billy on the weekend, hope he is back on sunday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watch Into the badlands? MK is Billy's doppelgänger.

If he can channel his ferocity and intent he will be epic.

Haven't seen Stretch come off with the blood rule, so it's possible...

Feel a bit sorry for Billy. Didn't really deserve to be dropped and is playing well at VFL level. Just don't see a gap for him right now. Rate him higher than ANB.

Feel a bit sorry for Billy. Didn't really deserve to be dropped and is playing well at VFL level. Just don't see a gap for him right now. Rate him higher than ANB.
Homeboy is still 20yo, he'll be fine. Gotta remember than Jones, Lewis, and Vince will be transitioning out of the side over the next five or so years.

Still think he'll end up a player for us, just this may not be his year.

I thought he was probably thrown in too early considering his size but held up well. Nothing wrong with developing blokes. I've never been a believer that just playing AFL games = development because you can just make the same mistakes over and over again without being able to learn due to pressure

Would like to see him back in the 1s before the end of the year but understand it is pretty hard to break into the side right now.

Still would prefer him to fix up his kick/handball ratio, noticed he had more handballs than kicks again at Casey. I'm not the coaching staff (Obviously :p ) so I'm sure he is doing what they want him to, but for a guy who really should play on the wing he needs to get outside more.

Would like to see him back in the 1s before the end of the year but understand it is pretty hard to break into the side right now.

Still would prefer him to fix up his kick/handball ratio, noticed he had more handballs than kicks again at Casey. I'm not the coaching staff (Obviously :p ) so I'm sure he is doing what they want him to, but for a guy who really should play on the wing he needs to get outside more.

He needs to spend a pre season doing nothing but running because that's what will get him back into the side. Get Brad hills times an try reach them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back