Point Cook
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Red Sox, Man U, Chi Bears
604134_3845291349611_48412863_n.jpg

Stay healthy please

Re: 15. Courtenay Dempsey

it is really sad that he hasn't had a chance to impress as he oozes star potential

needs to get on the park, fast, classy, skillful but injury prone (especially soft tissue injuries)

the reason for his soft tissue injuries is that he bulked up too much too quickly over the summer

the reason for his soft tissue injuries is that he bulked up too much too quickly over the summer

I dont think thats the reason. The Essendon site list him a lot heavier but to me he still looks very light. I think it has a lot to do with his running technique and getting used to the AFL. Look out when his fit and firing though. He has stacks of potential.

His goal last year in the practice match at Optus against Sydney where he burned them off and took 5 bounces reminded me of Micheal Long.

He didnt bluk up all that much. He grew a little taller and added some weight but he is still very skinny. I think he is one of the players that has struggled with the increased training load this year.
The kid has pace and knows how to read the play. One area that he is suspect in is his kicking at full speed. He often hits them rather poorly and as a result they go in all directions.
Has signed for another 2 years :thumbsu:

Hopefully will play this and next week at bendigo, then he can have little taste of AFL before the season ends. Would love to see him Winders, Lovett all playing against Carlton in few weeks time (that is when I am taking my little girl to her first game - hopefully she sees some pace and a flogging).

looking forward to watching him play against sandy

saturday, 1pm, channel 2

Can't wait to see him back on the AFL scene soon. It'd be great if he Sheedy could give him a game in the seniors before the season, if he stays injury free in between now and rd 22 that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if he makes it through the next two games in the vfl i am sure sheeds will play him for the last two games.

sheeds loves him, he has talked him up in almost every press conference this year

Must play in the next two games. A year without playing at the top will not help his self confidence and moral.

And pushing him too early and having him do another hammy wont either. A strong finish to the year with Bendigo will not hurt him at all.He will get a game this week against Geelong which will be close to an AFL game anyway given their list. Then he will have a finals game for Bendigo if he doesnt play seniors. If he is ready then yes we play him but he has only had one game back. I dont think his confidence or moral will be effected at all if he doesnt play seniors as he will know it was becasue of his injuries and not his form.

he has had two games back hasn't he

He has had a combined total of 3 and half quarters. His first week back he only played 30 minutes total.Last week he played probably 20 minutes in the first half and then most of the second half.

yer i know, i didn't realize you meant that when you said he had had just 1 game back

Courtney Dempsey is an absolute gun!!! We need to get him right for next year. I like the way he can get the ball and carry it out of the pack without getting tackled.

His kicking was bloody terrible. It is no use him having pace and breaking the game open if he cant hit our blokes with his kicks. Tonight he had 4 turnovers, hit Richmond blokes inside 50 3 times and had two other inside 50's land no where near our blokes. To top it off he runs in and kicks a point from 25 out. All of this in 12 possessions.
Yes he is quick. Yes he is exciting but his kicking is way off and im not just talking about tonight. It has been the same all year and was a problem last year as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back