Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

The most thing is that when he arrived the coaches at the time considered he would be close to an A grade player.

He was great I feel up until his ACL. From then he didn't seem as sure in himself as he used to be.

Don't get me wrong his played some good games after, but I used to think he would be a weapon for us. Now I can't wait for him to be shown the door.. sad

i remember we were all so excited about him after he kicked that beautiful running goal against sydney in a preseason game. Thought we had a jet.

still think we lack leg speed, think he's harshly judged, obviously Sundays display wasn't acceptable but i think he is still better than our 22nd player next year.

Not everyone can be Michael Long, Gavin Wanganeen. Just accept him as being within our best 15-22 man bracket.

still think we lack leg speed, think he's harshly judged, obviously Sundays display wasn't acceptable but i think he is still better than our 22nd player next year.

Not everyone can be Michael Long, Gavin Wanganeen. Just accept him as being within our best 15-22 man bracket.

He's absolutely no where near our best 15.

For a 29 year old man, his behavior is flat out embarrassing.

When things aren't going his way, he throws tantrums like a child.

He shouldn't have played this week after the absolute dog sh*t he spewed out against Richmond. Bring in Ashby, bring in Long, bring in whoever the hell you want, Dempsey shouldn't be anywhere near senior selection against the Crows.

Is he really though? Decent skillset, mediocre attitude, mediocre output. He's put together maybe 2 great games in the last 3 seasons of football which is nowhere near good enough for a 29 year old player.

He cops alot of flak because he tries to create. He'll often play on and then find out there isn't anything on upfield. People always come down on him for it, but the guy is genuinely trying to get things moving. A better side has less forwards ball gazing and more trying to get to dangerous positions, switching on when we have the footy. Many of our guys think the ball on our half back flank is their opportunity to suck in the big ones after their defensive efforts.

Has never delivered on his talent nor ever been consistent enough. One top 10 B&F finish (7th in 2012) across 11 seasons and zero chance of getting up there this year despite it being the easiest year of all. He's had enough chances, he just isn't good enough.

Poor old Dempsey seems to be coming the new whipping boy on here. A couple of ordinary games and hes suddenly the Antichrist...!!
I personally think hes been pretty good this year without a lot of support down back, and hope he gets another contract next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he'll be better next year in a stronger team. Don't think we have the depth as yet to delist him.

I'm looking forward to next year so we can stop using this excuse for each and every single player out of form.

'He'll look better in a stronger team'.

The harsh truth is Dempsey won't be getting games in a stronger team.

This - spot on Barry.
He reads the play well, is courageous, can run and carry and is a decent mark. Thats a lot more than many on this years list can offer....

Except he barely provides run and carry, he's the slowest fast player I've ever seen. Not to mention he's been all thumbs for quite a while now. It would be extremely disappointing to get a rock solid defence again but have this butcher as the bloke carrying it out of the backline.

Poor old Dempsey seems to be coming the new whipping boy on here. A couple of ordinary games and hes suddenly the Antichrist...!!
I personally think hes been pretty good this year without a lot of support down back, and hope he gets another contract next year
A couple of ordinary games? He's been ordinary his whole career!

Along with McKernan, our Dempsey is an absolute ******* whipping boy with the umpires; feel that they have picked on him something shocking.
Last few games have indeed been s**t. He is (and should be) pretty close to the drop zone now.
However ... I wouldn't at all be too upset (depending on some other list decisions/retirements/trades) if he was on as depth just for next year. In some of the games in the first half of the year he was almost alone in his delivery out of the backline (daring, creative, often skillful)....
Saying that we will have a few more senior players (Goddard in particular) who we will prob plonk there to act as distributer, so ....

Except he barely provides run and carry, he's the slowest fast player I've ever seen. Not to mention he's been all thumbs for quite a while now. It would be extremely disappointing to get a rock solid defence again but have this butcher as the bloke carrying it out of the backline.
Not disagreeing with most of your post, but Leroy Jetta wins that hands down.

Along with McKernan, our Dempsey is an absolute ******* whipping boy with the umpires; feel that they have picked on him something shocking.
Last few games have indeed been s**t. He is (and should be) pretty close to the drop zone now.
However ... I wouldn't at all be too upset (depending on some other list decisions/retirements/trades) if he was on as depth just for next year. In some of the games in the first half of the year he was almost alone in his delivery out of the backline (daring, creative, often skillful)....
Saying that we will have a few more senior players (Goddard in particular) who we will prob plonk there to act as distributer, so ....
Dempsey has given away free kicks for clumsy high tackles two weeks in a row that have resulted in goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back