Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

It's ridiculous that Dempsey has survived this long.

Plays like a 20 game player 10 years into his career. Took the piss in pre-season after pre-season. Supplements saga was that best thing that happened to his career.

133 games in 10 years.
Signs of how s**t we have been for a decade.

Plays like a 20 game player 10 years into his career. Took the piss in pre-season after pre-season. Supplements saga was that best thing that happened to his career.
Has anyone ever benefited so much from blowing their knee out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the time in careers where players pay for not being professional enough in their approach to AFL football - or it should be at least.

A role model who had elevated his deficiencies to a better level would be signed for another year or two.

Someone like Kelly for example.

Just wondering why he is still not delisted. I assume Dodo is holding out hope that someone will blow some cash on him enough to get us a 4th rounder or somthing in compo.

Just wondering why he is still not delisted. I assume Dodo is holding out hope that someone will blow some cash on him enough to get us a 4th rounder or somthing in compo.
I think it more depends on who else we bring in (to take his spot on the senior list), rather than whether we can trade him out? Or that's the impression I got anyway.

Not necessarily a *similar* player... just because we have a problem with the number of senior spots available.

I'm assuming we're just finalising the community out reach program we can boot him off to spearhead.

No one is going to trade for him, enquire about him, or pick him up. He'll get delisted.

And he still didn't capitalise on it, stand tall and score himself a decent contract. He just continued to take the piss and serve up rubbish most weeks.

And he still didn't capitalise on it, stand tall and score himself a decent contract. He just continued to take the piss and serve up rubbish most weeks.

Most of us wish we could do that though..(serving up rubbish is a bit harsh, he's had an ordinary 2015/16 though. he has been a good club player like a Welsh or a McVeigh but couldn't find consistency in certain seasons.

He has certain qualities that have loads of potential..

- speed and agility
- reliable as a defender and clearing the ball out of defence.
- handy up forward
- Harlom globe trotter magic skills at times..

Just can't seem to bring the consistency in his game. But the reasons are probably the injury in 2011 and the saga.

Not having consistency at AFL level doesn't wash these days, especially when you look at the doggies ..you've got to have a good confident game, every game to compete at the top 8 level.

Is it possible that in a champion team, he would lift to those standards and having an overall poor performing list has contributed to him not maintaining consistent numbers/stats, that's probably also affected his numbers as well.

he might have a good year next season, you never know..

With a good list he is handy to have around, plays better when the team is up and can win games...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back