Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he under the same understanding as the suspended players, in that he'll be guaranteed to have one crack post suspensions? If so I think that is fair enough. His career has been interupted as well and he stuck by the club throughout. He's had personal issues dragging him away from the club but remained as well. If he does stay on the list I am interested to see how he goes with senior players returning. Perhaps it is the motivation for him to have a huge preseason. At the least he will provide depth for both a running defender and lead up small forward. I'd like to see him get one year.

I watched him break the lines at Carrara stadium in the very early days against the lions and I got excited. One thing I noticed is this fella did put is body on the line over and again. You combine that with line breaker and you get a player you want to love! That being said, he has not been able to connect the dots as most of us have hoped. I can't help but fell it is the fool in me that wants to see another year, but part of me would get excited at "let's get real" approach should he be done.

Is he under the same understanding as the suspended players, in that he'll be guaranteed to have one crack post suspensions? If so I think that is fair enough. His career has been interupted as well and he stuck by the club throughout. He's had personal issues dragging him away from the club but remained as well. If he does stay on the list I am interested to see how he goes with senior players returning. Perhaps it is the motivation for him to have a huge preseason. At the least he will provide depth for both a running defender and lead up small forward. I'd like to see him get one year.

Oh come on. He is not under the same understanding of the suspended players. We might we as well reel it in right there if that was the case. He has had more than enough chances. He has regularly shown up pre-season after pre-season overweight and unfit. He was dumb enough to be out while in recovery and have the face of his watch clearly visible showing it was in the wee hours of the morning. I'm not going to get into his on field play, which ranges from straight diabolical to mediocre at his absolute best in recent years.

Last edited:
With such a good draft in front of us, it would be a perplexing list management decision to keep Dempsey on the list.

If kept he'd become nothing more than a expensive VFL player.

giphy.gif

Oh come on. He is not under the same understanding of the suspended players. We might we as well reel it in right there if that was the case. He has has more than enough chances. He has regularly shown up pre-season after pre-season overweight and unfit. He was dumb enough to be out while in recovery and have the face of his watch clearly visible showing it was in the wee hours of the morning. I'm not going to get into his on field play, which ranges from straight diabolical to mediocre at his absolute best in recent years.

Um excuse me have you forgotten that back heel over the head pass to himself he did? Get excited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dempsey lives by the sword. He creates. he doesn't go back on his mark and weigh up whether to kick long down the line or a short pass back and sideways that impresses only the statistician. He has a ******* go.

He's usually in our opponents best players. Hurts us so much more than he helps.

Bloke is cooked, He should've been the first delisted.

Dempsey lives by the sword. He creates. he doesn't go back on his mark and weigh up whether to kick long down the line or a short pass back and sideways that impresses only the statistician. He has a ******* go.

Absolutely spot on. Experienced gutsy player who takes the game on. Good team player. Too many haters

I agree with the above, for some reason I just like the guy, similarly to Winderlich and he's a good club player at this point of his career, sort of like McVeigh..

When he's confident in his game he plays very well across the ground, but he needs to realise it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back