Past #15: Daniel Howe - #31 in '14 ND to HFC - delisted end '22 - #33 in '23 RD to NM -retires from AFL & NM end '23 - 107 AFL games / 11 NM games

Remove this Banner Ad

Ardent Roo

All Australian
May 9, 2011
1st & Goal
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Auburn Tigers - War Eagle!
Eternal Shinboner. I'll never forget that perfectly timed kick to the boundary that just barely wasn't out when the siren went, winning us the Freo game.
I reckon we got the rub of the green in that decision. To me the ball went OOB well before the siren and should have been called a Freo free. Anyway, that last 10mins was the definition of winning ugly.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I reckon we got the rub of the green in that decision. To me the ball went OOB well before the siren and should have been called a Freo free. Anyway, that last 10mins was the definition of winning ugly.
To me, I understand that the audio and video of the broadcast aren't perfectly synced up and I'm not going to be able to judge it anywhere close to the accuracy of a field umpire who was right there and hears the siren in his earpiece. But I know that Dan Howe is a Shinboner for life.

Psi-Roos

All Australian
Jul 6, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It was nice to find a random way to win for a change instead of inventing new ways to lose.

Ahhh how I miss the heady days of round 2 2023.

Ardent Roo

All Australian
May 9, 2011
1st & Goal
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Auburn Tigers - War Eagle!
To me, I understand that the audio and video of the broadcast aren't perfectly synced up and I'm not going to be able to judge it anywhere close to the accuracy of a field umpire who was right there and hears the siren in his earpiece. But I know that Dan Howe is a Shinboner for life.
He honed his boundary line kicking in that game - used it to great effect against the tigers, just didn't see arguably the best player in the past 20yrs standing right in front of him.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Appreciate his efforts, but it was doomed from the beginning. I'm sure he'll find something after footy, doesn't seem like your average footy meathead

roomagic1984

All Australian
Jun 4, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He just keeps finding himself in positions to get the ball.
Unfortunately, once he got the ball, either his decision making was not the best and/or his execution was poor.
107 more AFL games than me though... Seems like he was a very good trainer and hope that the young boys learned from him.
Thanks for your service.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
He did have a contract offer. He opted to retire.

Assume he didn't want to go around again with the preface of just being a VFL depth player on a low salary.

As much as I think he brought something positive to the group, I'm disturbed that we felt running him around again was more appealing than trialling a higher risk-reward player instead in 2024.

I awlays felt him being subbed on against Freo started the rot of 2023.
Sure we held on, but he came on and turned it over on repeat and let Omeara off the chain and then his final hack kick was 1 second off being deliberate.
That last quarter was a sign of things to come.

11 more games than me in the blue and white but bloody hell good riddance

Williamstown coach Justin Plapp has confirmed forward Joel Ottavi will be leaving the club and most likely will return to local football next year. Ottavi booted 32.23 from 19 matches this season.

Top-liners Marty Hore and Oscar McDonald are among the Towners’ re-signings, and they’re also being linked with Frankston left-footer Ryley Stoddart and delisted Kangaroo Daniel Howe.

r00boy96

All Australian
Oct 27, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I called this, he will dominate in this league

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240117-131441.png
    Screenshot_20240117-131441.png
    705.8 KB · Views: 58

Remove this Banner Ad

Back