Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

Just went and watched it

Almost dived out of the way to not make any contact
At the time I thought it was the softest thing I've ever seen on a footy field, but on reflection he might actually be waaaaaaay before his time because the way the game is headed that will be considered a Byron Pickett-esque act in 15 years from now..

Dyl usually plays pretty well in the VFL, and there is your selection problem. He is a reasonable VFL player.
Hes a Brady Rawlings gave him 4 f***ing years because he was a pick 5 problem.

Imagine being called Cat Stephens 3 weeks into your 4 year deal.

You don’t teach someone how to be tough. How to take a hit.
You either have it or you don’t.

Terrible terrible trade.

Imagine being called Cat Stephens 3 weeks into your 4 year deal.

You don’t teach someone how to be tough. How to take a hit.
You either have it or you don’t.

Terrible terrible trade.
Very well said

Dyl usually plays pretty well in the VFL, and there is your selection problem. He is a reasonable VFL player.
We have a few of these type players. Lazzaro being the best example. Never going to make it but plays well in the VFL

That’s for the obvious reason that the VFL has less intensity, smaller younger bodies , lesser talent & less spotlight.
Dyl will be the same scared of his own shadow / avoid every contact type player in the VFL but people will look passed this as he will easily collect 25-30 at the level & think he’s been good .

That’s for the obvious reason that the VFL has less intensity, smaller younger bodies , lesser talent & less spotlight.
Dyl will be the same scared of his own shadow / avoid every contact type player in the VFL but people will look passed this as he will easily collect 25-30 at the level & think he’s been good .
Actually, Ross it would be interesting to know the average age of VFL sides ours in particular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

id just delist and pay him out and sack Rawlings!

If the AFL wants to help us but not give us draft picks, how about they pay out all of our stupid contracts so we can easily clear out our list cloggers?

Won't happen, but I'd rather it than another draft pick we have to trade to bring in more list cloggers.

If the AFL wants to help us but not give us draft picks, how about they pay out all of our stupid contracts so we can easily clear out our list cloggers?

Won't happen, but I'd rather it than another draft pick we have to trade to bring in more list cloggers.
This is what’s wrong with paying a salary floor.

You get absolute potatoes on good money for no ther reason than they have to be.

This is what’s wrong with paying a salary floor.

You get absolute potatoes on good money for no ther reason than they have to be.
It's one of the stupidest things in the AFL and heck me there are some stupidities in this organisation

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Problem is he’s shithouse at vfl level as well by the looks of todays game.

Problem is he’s shithouse at vfl level as well by the looks of todays game.
Agree . I watched him live at Sandy & kept thinking what did we see in this cat .
He’s as s**t scared in the VFL too . Clearly helped in a few opposition goals due to his uncertainty with the footy thinking someone’s about to crunch him with a tackle but in fact he was on his own by 5M on those occasions .
Once a cat always a cat …
Will not grow courage over & has little pain barrier .

Another Brady Rawlings desperation call.

Surely there is enough evidence now that the bloke is s**t at his job?

Hearing he's a "nice" guy.
Totally opposite of what this team needs right now.
We need a few hard arse pr1cks to come in & shake things up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back