Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
How can anyone bag him out, was great in the first half when i was watching last night, so what if he missed a few set shots it wouldn't have made a difference.

Starting to become one of my fav players, runs all day and holds his width really well.
I mean it would have made a difference if he hadn't missed. Margin was only 4 goals but in saying that bad kicking wasn't the only reason we lost.

I reckon 3-4 times he hit a contest on the wing, crumbed it boundary side and then took off. He's our best small forward who cant play forward.

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I mean it would have made a difference if he hadn't missed. Margin was only 4 goals but in saying that bad kicking wasn't the only reason we lost.

I reckon 3-4 times he hit a contest on the wing, crumbed it boundary side and then took off. He's our best small forward who cant play forward.
He kicks that last shot he had and it's within a two goal game with six minutes to go, it definitely made a difference lmao.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stEdy

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
We would have found new and more elaborate ways to embarrassingly lose the match if Langdon kicked that. No way we would have stolen it.

mrmonkey

Premiership Player
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thought he had an outstanding game looked like the only player with energy. How often did he push hard to get in the backline. Then there's his ability to be able to get to the right spots. Week in week out he's just in the right spot to get us out of trouble. With his kick at goal it was costly as they went the other end and sealed it but it was a pressure kick and the reason he was in that situation was because we f’ed up the second quarter.

Johnny Karate

Club Legend
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's an indictment on all of our past running players over the last 4 years that Langdon is standing out so much.

"Wow, a player out wide that has space on his opponent and is moving towards the goals! what a concept!"
I think we should turn him into a p-turning mess like Billy Stretch. Not sure if young Edward is showing enough yearnings for some contested learnings.

CWaffles

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants

Ok it might have made a difference and yes he should certainly be kicking those, he looked to be a decent sweet shot at Freo so not sure whay has happened.

He did a lot right and i think he will win us some games over the remainder of his career.

Im personally more frustrated with our backline leaking 5 goals like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jhong

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ok it might have made a difference and yes he should certainly be kicking those, he looked to be a decent sweet shot at Freo so not sure whay has happened.

He did a lot right and i think he will win us some games over the remainder of his career.

Im personally more frustrated with our backline leaking 5 goals like that.
I thought the Gawn miss in the last Quarter was worse , you know being Capt and all .

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
I don’t know what it says about the rest of the team when he is the 1st and often 3rd option/possession out of defence that’s how hard he runs and gets into space.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
No reason why this can't go down as one of the best value trades we've made in the modern era. Guy is an absolute professional and still not even 25. Sure he'll likely never be an absolute A grader but I'll be content with a 200 game B grader in a needed role for the pick we gave.

LiddleCharlie

Debutant
Jan 6, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
No reason why this can't go down as one of the best value trades we've made in the modern era. Guy is an absolute professional and still not even 25. Sure he'll likely never be an absolute A grader but I'll be content with a 200 game B grader in a needed role for the pick we gave.
He already is an A grader.

Crusty Demon

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2009
Ferntree Gully
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
He already is an A grader.
His work ethic is A Grade for sure. He just always seems to be there on the outside when we need him. He gut runs up and down the wing all game. I can only imagine when the games get longer again, he'll be even more effective. He's surprisingly good at the marking contest as well. Hasn't had under 14 disposals in a game this season. In the top 15 for kicks, uncontested possessions and metres gained. Top 20 for bounces and time on ground, suggesting he doesn't need a rest.

The only thing restricting him is his disposal, which we all pretty much knew when we got him. I think he's in the top 20 for turnovers. If he can sharpen this area of his game and maybe increase his goals per game, he'll be in the top 2 or 3 wingmen in the comp. He's not far off that already tbh.

Top Bottom