Player Watch #15 - Ed Langdon #PositiveLingers

Remove this Banner Ad

It's one of those things that never shows up on the stats sheet but ya can't fault the way he keeps his width, an how often he's the first bloke to get the ball in defence after we clean up. Kicks like Dom Tyson, choices are usually good but can't weight a kick for s**t.

Good to see Langdon has carried on for you guys like he did for us and all the same things are being said. I think I might have said exactly "if he could kick, would be All Australian." Topkent was spot on saying he cant weight his kicks for s**t - its why he's generally a good shot at goal though his field kicking is meh

Very very handy defensive wing who will play almost every game and be a lock for top 5/10 bnf the rest of his career.

Additionally, if you lot could finish low enough so your 2nd round pick is still decent but high enough so that North dont have two picks before us (our points deficit *s us) then that would be great, cheers

Good to see Langdon has carried on for you guys like he did for us and all the same things are being said. I think I might have said exactly "if he could kick, would be All Australian." Topkent was spot on saying he cant weight his kicks for sh*t - its why he's generally a good shot at goal though his field kicking is meh

Very very handy defensive wing who will play almost every game and be a lock for top 5/10 bnf the rest of his career.

Additionally, if you lot could finish low enough so your 2nd round pick is still decent but high enough so that North dont have two picks before us (our points deficit fu**s us) then that would be great, cheers

Interesting to see how he is going vs how Hill is at the Saints. Langdon is 3 years younger, half the ability, half the wage but near double the output so far this year.

Interesting to see how he is going vs how Hill is at the Saints. Langdon is 3 years younger, half the ability, half the wage but near double the output so far this year.
Oh yeah, should have probably seen it coming. Saints got fat retirement cheque Hill. Guy breaks a contract to go home, you accept it, does it a 2nd time to get out of home and you have to question what you are getting. I was one who thought you should have definitely prioritised Hill but you wouldnt have had Jackson and possibly Pickett if that happens - not to mention no cap space.

Big win for you guys so far

Good to see Langdon has carried on for you guys like he did for us and all the same things are being said. I think I might have said exactly "if he could kick, would be All Australian." Topkent was spot on saying he cant weight his kicks for sh*t - its why he's generally a good shot at goal though his field kicking is meh

Additionally, if you lot could finish low enough so your 2nd round pick is still decent but high enough so that North dont have two picks before us (our points deficit fu**s us) then that would be great, cheers

Yep, ive loved everything about him except his kicking but that's really come on since earlier in the season also, had a great last month.

He's only young, could be the sort of bloke who starts dominating at 26 aswell and become an AA.
Wingers always look s**t in losses and good in wins

It's one of those things that never shows up on the stats sheet but ya can't fault the way he keeps his width, an how often he's the first bloke to get the ball in defence after we clean up. Kicks like Dom Tyson, choices are usually good but can't weight a kick for sh*t.
And that is exactly how Freo supporters described him

They said he will work his absolute ass off and give 110% at all times. But his disposal will frustrate the hell out of you

And that is exactly how Freo supporters described him

They said he will work his absolute ass off and give 110% at all times. But his disposal will frustrate the hell out of you

Which is pretty fair for what we gave up too. He has an excellent work ethic and only just turned 24, can't see him suddenly going backwards for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like him . Kicking aside , he seems to turn up in places i didn't expect him to. Fits in perfectly to our WTF is going on out there .
More often than not these last few weeks he's been in the right places.

Game after game this bloke rolls out and busts his gut running all day putting in maximum effort, he's just everywhere, every game, regardless of turnaround times. It's a testament to his character that he is still doing that even when so many others seem to pick and choose how much they want to put in each week. Also reckon there has to be elements of his unrelenting work ethic from having a good mentor and coach in his formative years i.e. Ross Lyon.

If the rest of our guys put in like Langdon every week (and I get that he's a running machine, but it's all relative), I don't know if we'd win more games but we would be a hell of a lot more respectable that's for sure.

Was an excellent set shot at Freo, not overly concerned as I believe he can turn it around.

As a winger he's getting shots on goal which is important.

Is a really strong mark for his size and his work rate was incredible last night. Has been our best mid over the last 3 weeks whilst our 'stars' haven't shown up.

Last edited:
In a team picked with 4 key defenders and a winger / defender , why is Langdon being caught out down back ? Not blaming him , just wondering where all the real defenders are . Langdon was one of our better players last nite .
Pretty simple lazy and lack of communication i would say.

Was an excellent set shot at Freo, not overly concerned as I believe he can turn it around.

As a winger he's getting shots on goal which is important.

Is a really strong mark for his size and his work rate was incredible last night. Has been our best mid over the last 3 weeks whilst our 'stars' haven't shown up.
Our "stars" have been weak as piss yet again.

Our "leaders" nowhere to be seen.

Meanwhile Langdon runs his guts out and puts his head where most of our other players wouldn't put their hand. I cringe at the Muppets who have been potting this bloke.

Meanwhile (and I hate potting anyone on our list) Viney, Brayshaw, harmes, Melksham and Fritsch wouldn't even need to wash their Guernsey after past 2 games. Be nearly 2mil of salary cap between those players.

Langdon strikes me as a hard worker as you say, I absolutely back him in to improve.

How can anyone bag him out, was great in the first half when i was watching last night, so what if he missed a few set shots it wouldn't have made a difference.

Starting to become one of my fav players, runs all day and holds his width really well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back