Player Watch #15 - Ed Langdon #PositiveLingers

Remove this Banner Ad

For the most part I think people are talking in relative terms. Langdon is a hero because he gets the most out of his skills and assets. People want Oliver to be a superstar so the bar is set much higher.

Saying that, I've never said Oliver is sh*t.
I've always loved Oliver but you nailed it by saying the potential is there for him to be Top 5 players in the comp. And I've always loved Langdon. Was rapt we got him. Not for his kicking but for the run, the effort and the point of difference he provides to our mids. He's just always there and is super consistent which has been a massive problem for the players at our club.

This is the part I don't get about this board, on bad Oliver disposal day he's the same as a good Langdon day. We say Oliver is sh*t but Langdon is a hero.

Different standards but my biggest issue with Oliver isn't his actual disposal, it is when he breaks clear with the ball then does a stupid momentum-draining handball. campaigner YOU ARE PROBABLY OUR FASTEST MID OVER 20M BACK YOURSELF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's bizarre. Definitely dropped off at the same time he took the hit but seems strange his form would still be down now. Can't figure it out.

We need him back in that first half of the season form.

His disposal since the concussion has been so bad. Back to bombing it or shanking it. We're not helping him out either as a team. The shepherds to give him space have dried up, the short sharp leads giving him a short option have dried up. We're back to playing selfish football more in line with 2019 and 2020. I don't know why..

Get Jimmy Jordon on a wing, been saying it for weeks. Played it better off a weeks preparation against Brisbane than both our current wingers are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back