Senior 15. George Stevens (2023 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

That's flying for a kid so heavy. I reckon his athleticism will go through the roof when he drops 10-15kg
And he will. The club will help him shed thr kgs then bulk up afterwards.

He may take a bit of time to reach his peak physique.. Because losing 10-15kg then adding muscle mass afterwards takes time and dedication.. Where as most mids come in and are straight into the gym bulking up. George needs to first lose the kgs then bulk up.. Which may take a bit longer

When this bloke Bulldozes the opposition through the congestion... We can all chant - "You just got Stevensinated!". STEVENSINATOR THE BULLDOZER!

Such a likable kid. Really hope he does well

He oozzes an engrained confidence similar to Joel. Obviously his body shape and sporting ability as a kid helped that . To get up and sing the saints song Kariokke at 8 ... maybe its a genetic as well.

Unlike some players ..I think he will withstand the bigger bodies quite well..what will test him is doing the k's and k's of running. His 2k trial was reasonable. Let see how he is over the pre-season. It will be tough going for him I suspect ..against a high level of athlete that he has ever faced but I expect him to rise to the challenge.

What a quick turn around our mid group may have ..if we add guys like Clark, Bruhn, Stevens can become what we hope.

He oozzes an engrained confidence similar to Joel. Obviously his body shape and sporting ability as a kid helped that . To get up and sing the saints song Kariokke at 8 ... maybe its a genetic as well.

Unlike some players ..I think he will withstand the bigger bodies quite well..what will test him is doing the k's and k's of running. His 2k trial was reasonable. Let see how he is over the pre-season. It will be tough going for him I suspect ..against a high level of athlete that he has ever faced but I expect him to rise to the challenge.

What a quick turn around our mid group may have ..if we add guys like Clark, Bruhn, Stevens can become what we hope.
Rhys Stanley's milk diet. Make it happen!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's only 6kg's heavier than what Josh Kennedy of Sydney fame is and he played 290 games.

He'll lose a few KG's over summer. I wouldn't want him to drop too much.

Today's gen have an infatuation with the need for speed. It's not the be all and end all for a successful AFL career. If you think it is send Greg Williams, Sam Mitchell, Jimmy Bartel and a stack of others a message regarding your concerns.

1. He knows where the ball is and can find it.
2. Reasonable endurance.
3. Good overhead.
4. Fairly good disposal.
5. Elite vision.
6. Good composure.
7. Good defensively.

He has a fair amount of tools and has the size to make an instant impact.

I'm rapt he's at Geelong.

He's only 6kg's heavier than what Josh Kennedy of Sydney fame is and he played 290 games.

Today's gen have an infatuation with the need for speed. It's not the be all and end all for a successful AFL career. If you think it is send Greg Williams, Sam Mitchell, Jimmy Bartel and a stack of others a message regarding your concerns.

2. Reasonable endurance.
3. Good overhead.
4. Fairly good disposal.
5. Elite vision.
6. Good composure.
7. Good defensively.

Most importantly -

8. An exceptional attitude.

Most importantly -

8. An exceptional attitude.
Remiss of me to leave that part off because I'm a big believer that if you've got a great attitude you're part of the way there.

Very good pick up yotc.

2. Reasonable endurance.
3. Good overhead.
4. Fairly good disposal.
5. Elite vision.
6. Good composure.
7. Good defensively.

I'm more worried the weight will be hard on his knees

I'm more worried the weight will be hard on his knees
Fair call. 95kg's/96kg's is the perfect weight for his height and game. He'll lose that 5 or 6 kegs pretty easily come round 1 after a full preseason.

Being a gun basketballer, maybe he can move through traffic easily. A bit like Scott Pendlebury, I wouldn't say Pendlebury is quick but he always seems to have time.

Being a gun basketballer, maybe he can move through traffic easily. A bit like Scott Pendlebury, I wouldn't say Pendlebury is quick but he always seems to have time.
Vastly different players. Pendles is on another level to most though. He's had a fantastic career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back