Senior 15. George Stevens (2023 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember watching him in the VFL game where he was probably BOG.

I actually didn't know who he was at the time and I just thought (by looks alone) that he looked like an absolute monster out there.

Kinda reminded me of when Mummy was first running around in the VFL before he was on our list... He just looked much bigger than the others on the ground and it stood out.

Then I found out he was 18 years old lol.

I call BS. He's heavier than that at 188cm surely

Seems like it's all just estimates before the official stats go up - given they don't have Wiltshire's weight, and Stevens had his weight on Rookie me as 101kg yet now they have him as 90.

We'll know all the official stats when they've done the new team photos, IMO

Seems like it's all just estimates before the official stats go up - given they don't have Wiltshire's weight, and Stevens had his weight on Rookie me as 101kg yet now they have him as 90.

We'll know all the official stats when they've done the new team photos, IMO

I don’t think the real stats ever actually go on the website. I remember a former player saying the social media/website team just ask them their height and weight, and some players just completely make it up.

I don’t think the real stats ever actually go on the website. I remember a former player saying the social media/website team just ask them their height and weight, and some players just completely make it up.
Wow that explains a lot. Explains how Nick Daicos is listed as over 6ft at 184cm, but he's only an inch taller (at most) than his 5'10 brother at 178cm and 4 inches shorter than Pendlebury at 191cm.

League would be littered with examples of false data if this is true. Examples below:

52674261e4738dbbaf9b4f77144c6933b8f8b2ec-16x9-x0y274w5260h2959.jpg

afl-rd-17-western-bulldogs-v-collingwood.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that explains a lot. Explains how Nick Daicos is listed as over 6ft at 184cm, but he's only an inch taller (at most) than his 5'10 brother at 178cm and 4 inches shorter than Pendlebury at 191cm.

League would be littered with examples of false data if this is true. Example below:

Yep. I believe Rookie Me Central website was updated with their measurements from the draft combine, which has Stevens at 100kg.

League would be littered with examples of false data if this is true. Examples below:

afl-rd-17-western-bulldogs-v-collingwood.jpg
Yep, it's really common.

I remember a story a few years back, where McGovern & Fyfe where still listed as 191cm, but both had clearly grown past that. Fyfe even refers to himself as a '195cm midfielder'.

Not sure how they do it these days, but certainly back then after the first year or two they either stopped updating the player bios, or let the players do it themselves.

For instance, JHF is listed as 97kgs. He's a big, powerful kid for sure, but at 185cm, I'm not sure he's that big.

Pretty amazing the amount of footballers that are still growing taller past 18!

Anything beyond draft camp would have to be taken with a massive grain of salt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah reckon Josh Jenkins said he took a cm off his height one year just to mess with people

Will have a career as a good as Cameron Ling. You watch.

Very confident with this pick.

Premiership captain, 3x premiership player, All Australian, B&F. Not setting the bar too high there :laughv1:.

What will help him is I think he will be a CS favourite. I remember CS raving about Ben Cunnington every chance he got. George seems like that kind of player. It might help him get games early.

Premiership captain, 3x premiership player, All Australian, B&F. Not setting the bar too high there :laughv1:.

What will help him is I think he will be a CS favourite. I remember CS raving about Ben Cunnington every chance he got. George seems like that kind of player. It might help him get games early.
Yeah, CS likes blokes like this guy, and blokes like Atkins. They will do the dirty work.

Does George look like he would be a bit of a cheeky. prankster type of bloke?
Look at that face. I think that he may be one of the really interesting characters around the club.

1023681.png

Does George look like he would be a bit of a cheeky. prankster type of bloke?
Look at that face. I think that he may be one of the really interesting characters around the club.

1023681.png
I don't think he is.
He will be a disciplined hardworker type. Leadership type, will set examples on others.
Was a senior coach (bush leagues) when he was recovering from his ACL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back