My Boy Draft 2023: Claim here

Last edited by a moderator:

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Shocking first half defensively. Ignored the ball to follow his direct opponent when he was needed as third man to kill the contest.

Pretty good second half.
Understanding the best time to come off your opponent isn’t something learned so quickly so hopefully that improves as he gets more time in the role, hell even BZT had some bad moments the last two weeks stuck in between wether to follow his man or effect the spoil. Francis and Ridley doing really well at it

Last edited:

Ati Tude

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
The club has invested a lot in him and been very patient. Think we really need to give him a good run at it now and judge him over at least half a season. Seemed to go ok last night but not really noticeable. But neither was his opponent.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Understanding the best time to come off your opponent isn’t something learned so quickly so hopefully that improves as he gets more time in the role, hell even BZT had some bad moments the last two weeks stuck in between wether to follow his man or effect the spoil. Francis and Ridley doing really well at it

My perspective is that of someone who is nervously watching each move to work our if he is becoming or can become indispensable. I think it's all there, surprisingly enough. He looks like someone who can lock down on a small to mid-sized/third tall which is not something we really have at the moment. 1v1 is not Ridley's thing and Francis doesn't have the speed.

Thing is he could be a real weapon in the position if he can get the ball into his hands more. It much the same story as it was with Hartley.

I thought he was much better in the first 3 weeks than he was last night.

NAB777

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

That's a confidence thing, too.

Absolutely destroyed Mihocek. Mihocek had 6 touches, 4 marks and 1 goal. Laverde had 21 touches, 13 marks (2 contested), 11 intercept possessions and... 1 goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

scatman john

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U, Ravens, Red Sox, Rip City
Somewhat infuriating that we all acknowledged his talent and abilities but it took until year seven(???) of his career to try him somewhere other than hff

Stood up like a mountain, was even more impressive given Franky went down and he copped a huge knock himself just before half time. He really is shaping into an unearthed gem plucked from the scrap heap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back