My Boy Draft 2023: Claim here

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
I know nothing about the draft and everyone is pleased with him so naturally I am as well. However, everyone else passed on him so how could he slide so far? Stacked draft?
As stacked as when Fyfe went at 20. This will be a mistake half a dozen recruiters may regret - including ours.

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
As stacked as when Fyfe went at 20. This will be a mistake half a dozen recruiters may regret - including ours.

Surely a Fyfe comparison is getting carried away. However, he played alongside Ellis at the Jets. Who would you prefer and why? I notice at the state carnival he averaged more posessions than Ellis and is taller, heavier and faster ... and looks more dangerous up forward. I do realise that it is only highlights and Ellis looks like he tackles and hunts the ball better than Laverde.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Surely a Fyfe comparison is getting carried away. However, he played alongside Ellis at the Jets. Who would you prefer and why? I notice at the state carnival he averaged more posessions than Ellis and is taller, heavier and faster ... and looks more dangerous up forward. I do realise that it is only highlights and Ellis looks like he tackles and hunts the ball better than Laverde.

IMO Laverde has a much high ceiling - he is similar to Ellis but add pace and X factor. I think he will step into afl a lot easier than Ellis. Ellis reminds me of Myers but Laverde had Fyfe/Wingard about him. Ellis will be solid - Laverde a potential superstar. I am filthy - we had the chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back