AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

15 - laverde.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2025
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 7, Nuggs Bunny

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh ok. Obviously that came from an untrained eye.

I knew where to look as I had seen where he had the ice strapped. Very stiff in the upper hammy :cool:

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
How many chances should a guy get before people realise he is a bad footballer?
Bad footballer because he's been injured his whole AFL career?
When will people realise that the guy has hardly ever had any consistency before an injury? He's had more injuries in his short career than players have in an entire career. And he's just turned 23.

He'd easily have been in the side against Geelong if he didn't get injured.

madrigal

All Australian
May 24, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Bad footballer because he's been injured his whole AFL career?
Sorry, I forgot. If you are genetically endowed with superior power, speed and reflexes, it is called skill. But if you are genetically endowed with fragile muscles, connective tissues, it is called bad luck.

Sorry, I forgot. If you are genetically endowed with superior power, speed and reflexes, it is called skill. But if you are genetically endowed with fragile muscles, connective tissues, it is called bad luck.
And if you play half a dozen games a year between injuries, it's called "not enough data to make a call".

madrigal

All Australian
May 24, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
And if you play half a dozen games a year between injuries, it's called "not enough data to make a call".
Maybe a cashed up club like Essendon should get more data. Test if he has any polymorphisms that make him susceptible to specific injuries and adjust his training and recovery accordingly.

Maybe a cashed up club like Essendon should get more data. Test if he has any polymorphisms that make him susceptible to specific injuries and adjust his training and recovery accordingly.
Spend lots of money so you can have more data to decide whether he is a bad footballer, when you've already formed a conclusion without it? Why would that be a priority?

madrigal

All Australian
May 24, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Spend lots of money so you can have more data to decide whether he is a bad footballer, when you've already formed a conclusion without it? Why would that be a priority?
Good point, should have done it before they recruited him.

Falcon27

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Question is, will it be the standard AFL hamstring of 3-4 weeks or the Essendon hamstring of 8-12 weeks?

Back