AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Seemed to walk out to the huddle and back okay at 3QT, if that's anything. Feel so sorry for the guy; breaking down just as he starts to produce a good body of form has been the story of his career unfortunately. You want to see him succeed so bad

Well we did want him to be like Stringer. Just not do his syndesmosis like Stringer.

Has been showing good signs, really hope he's back soon. Though, these usually aren't that quick.

I very much doubt he gets another contract if he's out for a lengthy period.

You'd imagine he's shown enough to get another year, especially with the draft being such a chook lotto this year. He'd be worth more of a chance than any fourth rounder we could get this year.

You'd imagine he's shown enough to get another year, especially with the draft being such a chook lotto this year. He'd be worth more of a chance than any fourth rounder we could get this year.
I do agree with the draft aspect, so I wouldn't be against it for that reason.

But I mean if it's your 6th year on the list and you've played 45 matches and still "showing signs", it could be just time to cut your losses. Even ignoring his injury history for a minute which has been troubling to say the least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like the footy gods pronounced "thou shall not have a career" today.

Laverde has looked like that a few times since 2015/2016. Powerful, clean with the ball and feeling the tempo of the play.

It doesn't seem that bad. Hopefully it isn't.

It's like the footy gods pronounced "thou shall not have a career" today.

Laverde has looked like that a few times since 2015/2016. Powerful, clean with the ball and feeling the tempo of the play.

It doesn't seem that bad. Hopefully it isn't.
It’s just so unfair for some people.

He has been looking better and better in the air.

I am keen to keep him on the list. He could have one of those journeyman careers that shines for a few years late.

I think the club's highest hopes for Laverde was actually what Langford is developing into (maybe a bit more inside). He is showing signs of producing some really solid football.

Hopefully this is a minor setback but as others have mentioned it's a slippery slope around this stage of an injury interrupted career. That said if he got cut I'd be surprised if he didn't get a go elsewhere.

I very much doubt he gets another contract if he's out for a lengthy period.

I very much doubt list sizes get reduced significantly and therefore available draftees are not seen (with so much football inVictoria canned [NAB League, VFL, School football]).

We’ve got far more deadwood than Jayden on our list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we didn’t recontract someone would give him a 2nd chance, in the belief they could get his body right and get the best out of him. If Crocker can get another go, then there’s hope for Laverde who has a lot more talent.
He's one that could miss out. If he's out for 2 months it's hard to see him getting another central contract IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back