AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel bad for him . Has had no luck. As for keeping him , how many times do you run into a brick wall ?
May be good for him if he gets a chance somewhere else as his luck is out with us.

Still 6-7 weeks away from playing according to the injury report. Depending on what they decide to do with the fixture (can see them doing 4 rounds in 3 weeks again so that Adelaide, Brisbane, Collingwood, Geelong, Gold Coast, Norf, Port, Richmond, St. Kilda and Western Bulldogs can have their midweek byes and they get ahead of the schedule) that's still at least 7 games. So if he's lucky he might be fit for the last two rounds, but given our natural conservatism nowadays and his history, he'd be unlikely to play before finals, if we even make them.

Running in the AlterG later in the week. Seems to be about 2-3 rounds behind Stringer with an almost identical injury 🤔
Forward Jayden Laverde (syndesmosis) will recommence running this week after undergoing surgery.

"Jayden's making excellent progress. He's three weeks post-ankle syndesmosis stabilisation surgery. He's walking freely out of the boot, he's got good ankle range, good strength and we expect he'll be running on the anti-gravity treadmill later in the week."

Does he get another contract? I’d have him ahead of Mutch, Townsend, Begley, Cutler plus Bellchambers retirement.

Why so we can all be let down again when the next injury hits.
He is just as gone as the others mentioned.

Does he get another contract? I’d have him ahead of Mutch, Townsend, Begley, Cutler plus Bellchambers retirement.
If lists are reduced, no chance. If lists aren't reduced, depends how many players we need in this draft.

Yep I'd give him a year.
He was injury free this year up until what was an unfortunate contact injury.
He has had many unfortunate impact injuries throughout his career. It's not the same as Fantasia who has a lot of soft tissue injuries.

If lists are reduced, no chance. If lists aren't reduced, depends how many players we need in this draft.

I don’t think lists will be tefu

I’m a bit more bullish on Laverde given he they haven’t been soft tissue injuries

I’m a bit more bullish on Laverde given he they haven’t been soft tissue injuries
At least two injuries a year since he was 16. For me the bull has turned into steer.

Yep I'd give him a year.

He was injury free this year up until what was an unfortunate contact injury.
He has had many unfortunate impact injuries throughout his career. It's not the same as Fantasia who has a lot of soft tissue injuries.
As I said above. Has had injuries and missed footy every year since he was 16. And there has always been a 4 to 8 week injury at least once.
It is time to cut him loose and bring in someone new.

I'm not sure but there's a chance they will. If we can get points for him to go towards our academy players I would do it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mentioned in another thread I have 35 must keeps in my head going into next year and he’s not one of them.

I’d certainly like to because he was actually starting to play like the next level athlete that he is but I could understand if both sides sat down and decided it was just not going to happen for him here.

Could easily see him going elsewhere and making meaningful contributions though.

A fit for JD, Stewart & Stringer and Jayden struggles to get a game especially with Langfords form in the forward line.

I do wonder where he may find better opportunity though, an injury or two and we are in desperate need for him.

A fit for JD, Stewart & Stringer and Jayden struggles to get a game especially with Langfords form in the forward line.

I do wonder where he may find better opportunity though, an injury or two and we are in desperate need for him.
I heard from someone that the dogs maybe interested in him.

Injury report states that he is integrating in with the main group for training and will be available within the next week or so.
Sure does! Crazy, wasn't expecting him back quite this soon. So probably not WCE on Tuesday but Geelong on Sunday.

I had him penciled in for the R17 Port game at the earliest :eyes:

“Jayden had surgery five weeks ago and is now integrating in with the main group for training. He is likely to be available within the next week or so. We will assess how well he is moving before making decisions on his return to play.”

Sure does! Crazy, wasn't expecting him back quite this soon. So probably not WCE on Tuesday but Geelong on Sunday.

The injury list at the bottom has him listed as 1-2 weeks which indicates unlikely Sunday, possibly Port.

Yeah quite surprising. I didn't think we'd see him again, but it looks like he made a quicker than expected recovery.

Didn't he play his best ever game against Port a few years back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back