AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

We played into McGoverns hands, he doesn’t do well when the kick is placed to the advantage of a running forward because like Hooker he doesn’t have the speed of the mark to match players like Laverde.

The whole night was just dumb.

They must take the most intercept marks of any team in the comp (yes, including Geelong). We were dumb and it showed with how little our forward line functioned properly. Obviously Mitch Brown coming in with very little fitness base hurt us but our ball use as a whole was crap.

Feel this bloke sums up the EFC for the best part of 15 years.

Promises so much but when he finally gets it together a road block comes along and puts us back 2 steps.

It's nice to see him get some continuity in his game, just needs to finish better in front of goal (5.6 for the year). Will be nice to see him playing that true small/mid sized forward role he is much better suited than the medium/tall role he played on Friday night.

If it wasn't for the poor disposal of his teammates Laverde could have had quite a good game last night.
He was hitting all the right spots & getting into open space but the delivery to him was horrible by both hand and foot. Should have ended with 4 or 5 goals.

My boy's boy now. Three and a half and hasn't cared for the footy unless its sanfl and we are there. Last night he actually sat with me and when I said Laverdeeeeee! He followed suit.
Eldest girl has Fantasia.
Middle girl has Tippa.
Wife has a crush on Stringer.
I'm just ❤🖤

Pretty happy with that lot.

For what its worth I can see Lav turning into a really nice dangerous fwd. Let's hope he gets a good run.

Uhh, what? That's not going to happen.

Thought he did really well considering he had Phil Davis on him.
Yep. Davis is one of the best in the league.

He’s stronger than I thought. Holds his own In contests. Kicking his 2 goals against the good side.

Sydney at the MCG screams breakout game. If not that, then North the following week.

Loving his game the past few rounds. Hasn't always come off but most times he's near it he looks dangerous. He's showing so much more physicality and aggression than I've seen of him in the past. A real bull at the contest. Almost reminds me of a poor man's, possibly even middle class, De Goey at times.

He'll get there. I was starting to waiver but he'll get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we’re putting stock in player ratings he had a career best game against west coast and is one of the big improvers 🤷‍♀️ Not that the commentary would know if they think Begley and Laverde are the same person.
I’m watching the replay and they made that mistake twice in the first ten minutes

Glad he is stringing some games together. Has been going well enough so far apart from some really poor set shot kicking. Hopefully this year will be the springboard for him to get to another level next year.

Our de goey if his tradjectory continues?

Not sure they play all that similar, my comp is more like a Gunston or Darling.

The interesting part is that is that De Goey had already played the amount of games that Lav has played now (35) by the end of 2016, and in that time he had only kicked multiple goals 3 times, and 2 of them were the 34th and the 35th. Was looking like he was going to become more of a midfielder early on, and has only become a big goal kicker in the last couple of years.

Looking forward to see what Lav turns into with 80 odd games under his belt.

Not sure they play all that similar, my comp is more like a Gunston or Darling.

The interesting part is that is that De Goey had already played the amount of games that Lav has played now (35) by the end of 2016, and in that time he had only kicked multiple goals 3 times, and 2 of them were the 34th and the 35th. Was looking like he was going to become more of a midfielder early on, and has only become a big goal kicker in the last couple of years.

Looking forward to see what Lav turns into with 80 odd games under his belt.
I reckon De Goey is a reasonable comparison in terms of playing style.

Doesn’t cover ground like Darling and Gunston - they both have huge tanks and work up and back. Laverde is a power athlete and more of an inside 50 type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back