AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d keep him.

The last few games pre injury I thought he’d really started to turn the corner, and he was good enough today that I think he’s still on the up.

1 year.

He's shown glimpses but did he do enough ?, I think he's in the McKernan mould where they play a good one which makes you think they are going to be alright only to let you down the very next week..
Yeah, quite possibly. That's why I'm on the fence with him. There's a good argument to keep him and a good argument to delist him. Maybe the fact that opinions are mixed is a giveaway in itself? Not sure.

Yeah, quite possibly. That's why I'm on the fence with him. There's a good argument to keep him and a good argument to delist him. Maybe the fact that opinions are mixed is a giveaway in itself? Not sure.
I'm on the fence also mate, it's a tough one..He shows at times what we could have but maybe that's why we are where we are at moment ?, how many players over the past few years have shown potential but never really lived up to it ?. It will divide opinions that's for sure.

The interesting thing is that he essentially returned the player he was against Adelaide on the back of a 7/8 week lay off and a scratch match.

Even got a gig in the middle.

He seemed pretty relaxed out there/pumped. Actually used in the role he should be used in too.

Too superstitious about this to type out what I'm thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless somebody else offers him a deal - which they won’t - id delist him, put him on the rookie list and basically train him as a midfielder for next season. It’ll tell us where his body is at.

I’m not saying he’s a midfielder but he’s not a key forward, and it’ll build his tank anyway... perhaps he can develop into a hard running half forward who can pinch hit in the middle.

He’s one of the blokes I see having a breakout year in 2021 IF he has another strong pre season. He’s got lots of attributes: Aggressive, competes hard, can take marks. He seems to have 1-3 opportunities each week as a forward. I can still see a midfielder with Jayden.

He needs fitness and continuity... And some luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back