AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely surprised to see him listed at 193cm

A powerful 193cm when you stand him next to Aaron Francis (193cm), Stewart (199cm) and even Hurley (193cm).

When seeing him play defence I’d assume it’d be third tall on guys like Allen, Petracca etc not the genuine #2’s.

As I’ve suggested before, the most surprising thing is his continuity m. Copped hit after hit and keeps getting up for the next game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HE DOESN'T TAKE THE BALL AT IT'S HIGHEST POINT.

THE HIGHEST POINT OF A KICK IS HALF WAY THROUGH THE FLIGHT OF THE BALL, WHEN IT STARTS TO DESCEND.

OFTEN 10 - 15 METRES OFF THE GROUND. HE DOES NOT TAKE THE BALL AT THIS POINT.

HE MERELY TIMES HIS LEAPS WELL, AS ALMOST EVERY PLAYER DOES WHEN THEY'RE UNIMPEDED.

Serenity now
Right up there with lowering your eyes and shot on goal :cool:

HE DOESN'T TAKE THE BALL AT IT'S HIGHEST POINT.

THE HIGHEST POINT OF A KICK IS HALF WAY THROUGH THE FLIGHT OF THE BALL, WHEN IT STARTS TO DESCEND.

OFTEN 10 - 15 METRES OFF THE GROUND. HE DOES NOT TAKE THE BALL AT THIS POINT.

HE MERELY TIMES HIS LEAPS WELL, AS ALMOST EVERY PLAYER DOES WHEN THEY'RE UNIMPEDED.

Serenity now
He takes the ball at his highest point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knee, nose. Will need to prove his fitness at training.

Forward-turned-defender Jayden Laverde will be a 50-50 chance to play in the Dons’ Saturday night clash with Richmond after being subbed off with a knee complaint.

The 57-gamer, who also copped a brutal knock to the nose, will look to prove his fitness at training this week and continue his scintillating form.

“He (Laverde) had a bit of a knee complaint which came on during the game and (after he) just landed heavily (on it),” Murphy said.

“We ended up subbing him out of the game late. We’ll see how that pans out over the week.

“He was off legs today, so we’ll see him in main training and see how he goes, but he is touch-and-go for this week.

“(He also) copped that whack to the nose, so he probably looks like he’s been in a boxing fight. He did really well to keep working through it.”

Um, they played Mabior Chol on Sunday...

Honestly we could play Ridley on him and have him run off him at every opportunity. Then play Francis on Riewoldt and Stewart on Coleman Jones.
We'd only really be stretched when they play Martin forward. Might have to use Heppell on him which is a pretty iffy matchup (assuming both Redman and Hind are needed for genuine smalls with pace) but oh well I'd back our boys to help out whoever has to mind Martin.

If Laverde is fit I think he'd be a good matchup for either Martin or Riewoldt so lets hope he pulls up OK.

Honestly we could play Ridley on him and have him run off him at every opportunity. Then play Francis on Riewoldt and Stewart on Coleman Jones.
We'd only really be stretched when they play Martin forward. Might have to use Heppell on him which is a pretty iffy matchup (assuming both Redman and Hind are needed for genuine smalls with pace) but oh well I'd back our boys to help out whoever has to mind Martin.

If Laverde is fit I think he'd be a good matchup for either Martin or Riewoldt so lets hope he pulls up OK.
If Laverde is out, then Zerk-Thatcher will probably retain his spot. Ridley is better on medium-smalls rather than genuine talls. I was simply pointing out that Chol probably swaps with CCJ between forward and ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back