AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

15 - laverde.jpg

Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2025
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 7, Nuggs Bunny

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this - as we all know he has top end talent.

I’d like to see him slim down a bit - he’d still have great power, but he’d be just a bit lighter. Maybe it is that simple, you never know

FlyingV

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I like this - as we all know he has top end talent.

I’d like to see him slim down a bit - he’d still have great power, but he’d be just a bit lighter. Maybe it is that simple, you never know
This is a great point and worked well for Francis. If you look at how he moved in juniors compared to today it’s a huge difference. Guys like Oliver, Francis, Laverde have such natural strength and size you feel like the aerobic mobility stuff needs to be the focus for their longevity.

MattyB3150

Team Captain
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...ive-coverage/ec5749bca014cf41d21faacd827cf05b
Laverde on the move?
Ben Higgins

ESSENDON young gun Jayden Laverde is no certainty to stay a Bomber this trade period.

Despite signing a new contract, the former No.20 draft pick is seen as "gettable" this trade period after playing just 12 games in the past two years.

Laverde – a 191cm, 90kg forward-midfielder – has struggled for continuity at Tullamarine and could seek a fresh start and greater opportunity.

The 22-year-old featured in six straight games from Round 6-11 this year but wasn't sighted again until Round 23.

According to Herald Sun trade expert Jay Clark, Laverde's form in the VFL will have rivals sniffing around.

"He recently re-signed at Bomberland I think he could be gettable," he told Trade TV.

"He had a great last month of the season. He was very good in his last senior game, he's too good for VFL level.

"There's just whispers coming out in the last 24 hours.

"This is something that might develop later in the trade period, this guy – despite just re-signing at Essendon – could emerge from left field."

In Round 23, Laverade collected 17 disposals, three tackles, three marks (two contested) and kicked 3.3.

Classic media started bullshit.

media person 1: Even though Jayden signed 1 month ago, I think bombers would trade him
media person 2: "Could Bombers to trade Jayden Laverde"
media person 3: 2 other sources say Essendon are likely to trade Jidon Larervde, lets sit here for an hour now and work out hypothetical's to fill air time

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
How is he gettable?

Who is stumping up the top 10-15 pick for him?

Moronic article. Even Connors doing his "worst" is not going to sway any mediation process or court of public opinion to force our hand into letting Laverde leave unless there is a deal that makes it too good to resist.

Last edited:

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
If you ever needed further proof the media are making s**t up. Many have basically admitted it through the confirmation they get more clicks during trade period than any other time.

Love the non committal "gettable" just like "it is understood" **** off

You could change Laverde to Fyfe, Dusty or literally anyone else and it would be just as true.

Everyone is gettable.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Doesn't make sense. Most likely a nothing story. Hope so anyway.
He can't leave for more opportunity if the reason for not getting games is injury related.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
If Laverde wanted to go elsewhere all he had to do was not sign a new contract a month ago. It has to be pure crap.
I would not be gutted if he did leave though. I can easily see us here again in 2 years still talking about his 'potential'.

Jul 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Wow! That could be some of the worst journalism I have seen this trade period.
Sh1t journalist at the Hun, quoting an even sh1tter colleague from the same paper who was filling in dead air on his trade show nobody watches and turning it into a story.
That's modern day journalism for you.

Also think that the Hun editor doesn't know what to do with pinhead Jay so they turn him into the "draft expert" but he pretty much just copies Emma Quayle and Cal Twoomey's phantom drafts.

Easy to explain. 99% of what is in the media now days comes from somewhere rather than just plain 1+1=3 like it has done in the past.
Obviously there is someone out there at another club who thinks he could be picked up. It only takes one comment form a recruiter at club Y to have a story about player Z. Player Z's club may not have any intentions but club Y may had conversations with his manager. It always looks like a WTF article. Just like the fact that the word out of Geelong is that Jack Steven is a chance despite everyone including the janitor saying he is zero chance.

Back