Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2025
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 7, Nuggs Bunny

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
Houlahan chose the worst week to have a bad game IMO. If he'd had a good one I think he may have been a chance.
I'd imagine he is a long way behind Laverde in their pecking order thing. I doubt they only take the last week into consideration. Laverde has a lot more VFL runs on the board.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
As nice as it is, I don't think he deserved it.

Surely he's been working on everything we've wanted him to work on? He's ready to go unlike round 1 when he still had heaps to work on.

I'm not even happy that we've finally dropped Baguley for Laverde because doing it now just proves the stupidity of the original plan.

It's round 10 Baguley has played maybe 2 genuinely good games as a forward last year which were not padded by JTG goals.

Now the season is on the line, so is the coaches career and we've loaded the team with undercooked players who were not performing, throwing any semblance of planning and selection integrity we've previously clung to out the window.

Worsfold is an idiot who is likely going to be made to look good due to the talent at his disposal because that's the reality for most.

Seb78

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Standard first game back type of performance. I thought he impacted a few contests early and had a decent crack in trying conditions. Will get better with more game time.

Love the target he gives us in the air and his follow up when the ball hits the deck. He’s basically impossible for small/medium defenders to beat in the air unless the kick in is outrageously bad and his tackles and repeat efforts are probably up 50% since I last saw him.

It would have been nice reward for him to kick straight and snag 4 but I really like this Laverde

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Love the target he gives us in the air and his follow up when the ball hits the deck. He’s basically impossible for small/medium defenders to beat in the air unless the kick in is outrageously bad and his tackles and repeat efforts are probably up 50% since I last saw him.

It would have been nice reward for him to kick straight and snag 4 but I really like this Laverde

Also just nice to see someone back themselves in after missing a few easier ones earlier. Maybe 3 players in the whole competition who wouldn't go the kick around the body from there.

SherbertLemon

Cancelled
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Great on the lead and good in traffic.
Like most of our forwards is a very questionable kick.
Frustrating, but good game.
I pray to god he can string some more games together and stay fit and healthy

Liberator

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Had this weird vision the other night, I was in this place with zig-zaggy Lino and red drapes, and this dwarf danced backwards across the floor and said ‘The medium forwards you like will come back into style’... then Xavier Clarke came shuffling in in a waiters uniform and tried to serve a glass of milk. I think that this means that:
1. Carlton will hire Dave Lynch as coach
2. I should stop ordering the mushroom pie at work
3. There might be some late movement in the ol Laverde vs Langford vs Fantasia thread

08B494F0-0F08-4B4D-8FFC-555905A26912.jpeg

astrowizzle

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Nerrigundah
AFL Club
Essendon
Had this weird vision the other night, I was in this place with zig-zaggy Lino and red drapes, and this dwarf danced backwards across the floor and said ‘The medium forwards you like will come back into style’... then Xavier Clarke came shuffling in in a waiters uniform and tried to serve a glass of milk. I think that this means that:
3. There might be some late movement in the ol Laverde vs Langford vs Fantasia thread

View attachment 686881
I want some of that pie

Jun 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

View attachment 686881

DID YOU HAVE THE SAME BACKWARDS TALKING DREAM WITH THE FLAMING CARDS???

Back