Contract Status: Unrestricted Free Agent 2025
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 7, Nuggs Bunny

Last edited by a moderator:

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Had this weird vision the other night, I was in this place with zig-zaggy Lino and red drapes, and this dwarf danced backwards across the floor and said ‘The medium forwards you like will come back into style’... then Xavier Clarke came shuffling in in a waiters uniform and tried to serve a glass of milk. I think that this means that:
1. Carlton will hire Dave Lynch as coach
2. I should stop ordering the mushroom pie at work
3. There might be some late movement in the ol Laverde vs Langford vs Fantasia thread

View attachment 686881
if the pie is delivered by Shelley don't stop ordering the pie.

It’s kinda nice seeing some of the kids hit their stride.

Parish, Langford, redman, laverde.
Ridley was awesome when he was in.
Clarke has a ripper game.
Francis building touch as a forward

Would love to see us persist with this group until the end of the year.
Just leave Sheil, Stringer and Fantasia on the sidelines? :p

Last edited:
Had this weird vision the other night, I was in this place with zig-zaggy Lino and red drapes, and this dwarf danced backwards across the floor and said ‘The medium forwards you like will come back into style’... then Xavier Clarke came shuffling in in a waiters uniform and tried to serve a glass of milk. I think that this means that:
1. Carlton will hire Dave Lynch as coach
2. I should stop ordering the mushroom pie at work
3. There might be some late movement in the ol Laverde vs Langford vs Fantasia thread

View attachment 686881
I don't know what this is, but I like it.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Has the yips in front of goal, but other than that, a solid game. Looks to be getting more of the ball and using his size to crash packs and stand up in tackles.

Career high 10 CP for him so he seems to be slowly getting adjusted to AFL level.

Needs to fix set shots. He's certainly not alone.

NAB777

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Set shots aside I thought he was really solid and he really made Sicily work when he was the matchup in the second half, thought Laverde really took over from Stringer as someone willing to take the game on and try and bust through tackles and make things happen.

Talent is evident...I really hope he delivers in full.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Super frustrating night, really.

He's really just a good player now but he's not putting it on the score board.

0.3 and one running shot across the face of goal.

Should really have kicked 6 or 7 goals in the last two games. From what I could see, I reckon that he's still regularly getting burned when he makes better positions than players like Stringer and Tippa (which is pretty normal).

He's essentially our full forward for the foreseeable future so he should start to attract even more of the pill as his presence draws the attention of team mates.

A bag is around the corner.

The difference between his game last night and the game of De Goey is really just conversion. Admittedly he has not started doing the spectacular stuff but he's got the same potential.

Finishing the year and sorting out a pre-season routine that allows him to build strength and fitness and we should be looking at him as we look at De Goey.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Set shots aside I thought he was really solid and he really made Sicily work when he was the matchup in the second half, thought Laverde really took over from Stringer as someone willing to take the game on and try and bust through tackles and make things happen.
I thought Laverde was solid too, always contesting. He'll need to step it up another level next week.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
When he misses i find myself thinking "Jayden, you were aiming between the two tall sticks, yeah? Please telll me you were aiming between the two tall sticks".

He doesnt miss like Daniher where about 5 things are all going wrong.

It's like every time he gets too close to the man on the mark, closes the angle on himself and has to kick to the side.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
He’s starting to look dangerous. Amazing what happens when he can string a few games together & get a proper feel for senior footy.

I’m really impressed with his speed & willingness to throw himself into as many contests as possible. His defensive efforts are certainly there, with that run down from behind & resultant goal for us exceptional.

Just has to start converting & we’ll have a JDG on our hands.

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
It would be a good idea to just have Jayden spend all week doing various forms of goalkicking and nothing else. I am not going to get too excited yet, but he is starting to look good.

Back