Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Short is the best rebounding defender in the league, expect him to get better and win back to back Jack Dyer medals at seasons end. Dude polled 2nd in the Norm Smith in the 2020 GF.

I expect him to poll top 5 in the Brownlow this year.

I reckon Short is the best rebounding defender in the league, expect him to get better and win back to back Jack Dyer medals at seasons end. Dude polled 2nd in the Norm Smith in the 2020 GF.

He's ok I guess.

Hope he wins it! I bet him $20 at 501-1

I'd say it's unlikely, rebounding HBF who generally play quite loose and in space aren't the Brownlow medal winners, there's just no precedent for it, it's a midfielders award and will likely be so in 2021 again. I'd back against him being top 10 tbh.

I also reckon it's incredibly hard to win consecutive B&Fs in good teams. Lots of competitors, I reckon look for someone like Grimes, Balta or Vlastuin to take it out this year. The KPDs are the cornerstone of our game.

Do you fellas think he'll go anywhere near his precession form at all/consistently in terms of fantasy output?

got him in my team

Go long, Shorty!

440px-Short_kicking_%28cropped%29.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just about my single favourite thing about the Hardwick era is the improvement in individuals. I never quite got to the point of having Shorty as my whipping boy, but it was real close. Especially when he was defending in the air. His improvement has been outstanding. Rarely gets beaten in the air now, even against taller players. Champion. Go well tonight, you good thing!

Been very good for us. Lacks defensive traits but his attack off half back is super valuable.

I would agree 2 or 3 years ago. But he's now a really solid defender. Not Grimes level, but he's rarely beaten now and seems to end up in the right spot when we need him to. Very rounded player now

Was a big part of our win last night. In the 3rd quarter he kept firing the ball inside 50. I personally would play him on the wing for remainder of season could be a revelation. Him and Ralphsmith on the wings with Pickett coming off the bench.

I think he needs to be transitioned to a wing for 2022...

Trying to carry him, Rioli and Mansell in a back 6 is just too much.

I actually would love to see him turn his game into Isaac Smith's running wingman game...

So much more damaging getting it on the wing and then running and kicking to the forward half...

I think he needs to be transitioned to a wing for 2022...

Trying to carry him, Rioli and Mansell in a back 6 is just too much.

I actually would love to see him turn his game into Isaac Smith's running wingman game...

So much more damaging getting it on the wing and then running and kicking to the forward half...
Agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back