Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else surprised how little attention Shorty is getting from the opposition? Another 800m gained and averaging 697 on the year. Surely some time needs to be pun into his run and carry and long kicking. I know GWS tried De Boer for a while but didn't seem to have much impact. Not that I'm complaining!

Hugely important to us coming out of defence.

Bloody star he is. Turned from a fairly one dimensional player to a the complete rebounding back, with solid defence.
Yep, and yet there are plenty of posters on here that want to let him go via free agency to get a draft pick and keep other players on the list. Short is a very good player that we need to keep on our list.

Anyone else surprised how little attention Shorty is getting from the opposition? Another 800m gained and averaging 697 on the year. Surely some time needs to be pun into his run and carry and long kicking. I know GWS tried De Boer for a while but didn't seem to have much impact. Not that I'm complaining!

He and Rioli have been great in tandem. And both have increased their defensive side, especially Rioli who is actually hard to beat one on one.

First in league meters gained by miles
AFL stats "North Melbourne and Gold Coast (mostly thanks to the sweet-kicking Jack Lukosius’ struggles) make up the bottom two while Richmond, led by Jayden Short’s poor differential of -56, is a worrying 16th." Points differential from kick ins from last year granted, but also adds to his meters gained and possesions, just be careful with stats some times

Hope he stays a tiger for life but it’s also because we grew up in the same area
Gotta look after our boys from the northern suburbs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Metres gained is important. Not sure how its measure though, does it need to be an effective disposal, ie we retain possession. Or can he just bomb it to the wing after running 20m out from a kick in, it goes to a contest, spills out of bounds and he gets credited with 80m gained.

I was told he signed a 5 year deal. Guess that didn't happen.
It’s possible it’s been agreed to in principle but just working out the details or simply hasn’t been announced yet

That's double Darcy Parish with half the possessions ... not that I am into stats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back