Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he was great, it's the speed and ball carry that hurts the opposition.....
This is where and how I wanted Dimma to play Lids back in the day.

I'm all for it because in a matter of seconds the ball is inbound and that going to create a lot of headaches for the oppo defense. Bolton does a similar thing when he is in the midfiled.

I thought he was great, it's the speed and ball carry that hurts the opposition.....
This is where and how I wanted Dimma to play Lids back in the day.

I'm all for it because in a matter of seconds the ball is inbound and that going to create a lot of headaches for the oppo defense. Bolton does a similar thing when he is in the midfiled.
For as good as he is Bolton doesn't have Short's foot skills. Bit of a loop in Bolt's but Short's go low and quick and he can pull the trigger on when to do it a bit faster. Of course it was only against WC, but Short has honed his skills at half back, but his transition to the midfield could be a real bonus going forward. He is a great character as well, so will probably take up the challenge.

If Short can replicate his form into the midfield he will be one of the best mids in the game. Let's hope we can cover him down back and let him rip in the midfield, will make us much more dangerous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people were saying we should trade him we would be worse off club even long term if we got rid of hard working players like Short, Baker

Love Short he's a genuine star. Without him we'd be much worse than we are at moving the ball. And he's a solid defender now.

Another rookie success story at Richmond.
The MC recognised his strengths, pace, willingness to take the game on, sure ball handling, massive kick on both sides and elite running capacity and accepted his weaknesses, his strengths exceeded any weaknesses.
Over the years he’s become better defensively, stronger and a better judge of when to kick long or short.
Must be in the AA reckoning and way up in the B&F 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back