Delisted #15: Josh Green - will not be offered a contract for 2019 - 10/9

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce delisted free agent Josh Green has signed a one- year contract with the Bombers ahead of the 2017 season.

Following 81 games with the Brisbane Lions, the clever small-forward and two-time Club leading goalkicker said he was excited to join the comeback story.

“I’m really grateful for the chance to revitalise my career at Essendon this season,” Green said.

“I feel that my best football is still ahead of me and I can’t wait to get in and do the hard work over the summer.

“I’m excited to join such a dynamic and talented list, and working under the great leadership of John Worsfold. I’m excited about what we can achieve as a team in 2017 and hopefully I can be part of the Club’s next chapter of success.”

Senior Coach, John Worsfold, said the 24-year-old is a welcome addition to the Bombers line-up.

“The playing group is continuing to mature and driving each other to improve and maintain elite standards through hard work,” Worsfold said.

“We are all motivated by team success and building on our experiences from last season, which Josh will play an important role in.

“We will challenge Josh to work closely with Performance Coach, Hayden Skipworth, to ensure he reaches his potential through a tailored training program. Having overcome some serious injuries, we believe we can get the work into Josh that he requires to consistently play at his best.”

List and Recruiting Manager, Adrian Dodoro, said Green would provide the Bombers fans with plenty of excitement as he embarks on his seventh AFL season.

“Josh is a natural footballer with clean skills, and terrific goal-sense,” Dodoro said.

“He was identified as fitting the criteria for a list management need for the Club so we’re really looking forward to what he will contribute to the team next season.”

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-11-15/green-joins-the-comeback-story

lol gonna be some unhappy chaps on here
Same as it ever was.

I'm willing to back the list management team in though. Let the proof be in the pudding.

Conor Mckenna

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Welcome Josh...best of luck at this great club..Anyone who doesn't want to support him please keep it to your self if you are a true supporter..

Welcome Josh...best of luck at this great club..Anyone who doesn't want to support him please keep it to your self if you are a true supporter..
People are allowed to have their opinion and it bears no reflection on their level of supporteriness of the club.

Conor Mckenna

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
People are allowed to have their opinion and it bears no reflection on their level of supporteriness of the club.

Um ok, if that's a word I'll go with that..
At Windy Hill in the day It did bear a reflection

Still does today also...Hopefully the haters give him a chance unlike what some internet warriors did to Cooney..

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Averages a goal and a half per game over his career so far.
His low disposal and tackle count indicates he needs to get to more contests.
Could be a good signing if his best games are more frequent.

Back