Delisted #15: Josh Green - will not be offered a contract for 2019 - 10/9

Remove this Banner Ad

I can only echo what everyone else is saying , Green shouldn't play seniors again. Many other's are in front of him now.

12 touches, 2 tackles and a goal from a free kick, that's about the most we can expect from him given his limitations.

I don't know about you guys but I can't see where the improvement is going to come from and why he keeps getting games. He is essentially just an ok/mediocre crumbing forward and that's about it. He's not a marking forward and his pressure isn't great. He doesn't offer anything in the midfield or down back.

Surely a young player player with upside can also provide that output and more around the ground.

Our small forwards should be: Orazio +2 of Walla/Bags/Green

Green had another game which makes him serviceable as part of that three fighting for two but nothing that screams pick me. Would like to see him producing a bit more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things with Green is there's nobody really competing for his spot. Maybe J Merrett? He seems to play whether Laverde is in or out, so it doesn't seem like they're seen by the coaches as rivals for a spot.

Colyer played a fair bit forward last year when he was in the team, perhaps if he makes a successful senior return it could be at Green's expense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back