Delisted #15: Josh Green - will not be offered a contract for 2019 - 10/9

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy is going to tear the competition a new one!*

*this may or may not occur and is in no way the true opinion of the poster

This guys played a a couple of bottler first halves against us at Ethiad. Then faded in the 2nd half. This appears to be the story of his whole career. If we can get his stamina levels up, he could be a gun.

Despite only being able to maintain good form for a half, being a twice leading goal kicker shows how good he could be.

Perhaps his role could be to play a half of football. Before he tires, he gives 110% and can cause headaches to the backmen.

Last edited:

I put as much stock in his leading goal kicker award in about as much as the I led my mates clubs award for half a season after kicking 0.3 in round 2

I put as much stock in his leading goal kicker award in about as much as the I led my mates clubs award for half a season after kicking 0.3 in round 2
You played for Nunawading last season? :p

Fitness has improved out of sight and is showing plenty of work ethic, coming to us might have been exactly what he needed to refresh his career. Seeing how much progress he has made since coming to us makes me pretty happy we got him for stuff all
HE ALSO HAS RED HAIR AND PLAYS FORWARD OF THE WING.

Fitness has improved out of sight and is showing plenty of work ethic, coming to us might have been exactly what he needed to refresh his career. Seeing how much progress he has made since coming to us makes me pretty happy we got him for stuff all
Eddie Betts good would be nice

I used to joke about the fact that whenever he'd play at Clarence, he'd kick 2 goals early in the game, then disappear because of his fitness. Maybe he's finally fixed his major issue, attitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to joke about the fact that whenever he'd play at Clarence, he'd kick 2 goals early in the game, then disappear because of his fitness. Maybe he's finally fixed his major issue, attitude.
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but.... I'm still a non believer.. attitude is something that's easy to change when in a fresh environment. We will see if it drops away or if he can maintain the rage.

Obviously I'm hoping for the best from him but I'm certainly not counting on him being a regular player.

Time will tell, I've been wrong before and I will be again but if I had to make an early call before he plays any footy for us id say he will be out the door at the end of the season. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

How many years did he actually play for Clarence?

PS on a side note are you a Clarence supporter?

I used to play against them when I played for Hobart. Hated them but probably only because they were so good.

How many years did he actually play for Clarence?

PS on a side note are you a Clarence supporter?

I used to play against them when I played for Hobart. Hated them but probably only because they were so good.

Haha nah, I was a Sandy Bay Seagulls supporter, so I've not really found another allegiance. I just watch the potential draftees when I get the opportunity :) I also played for Hobart!

I think we'll get a good look at him in the JLT pre-season games - Wouldn't be surprised if he plays all of them and he could be a recruit that surprises a few people in 2017.
Right now I'd say he's behind Fantasia & Tippa, and will likely be competing with the likes of Laverde, Langford, Howlett & maybe Colyer (depending where people play) for that small/medium forward role

Will he actually be best 22?
Assuming Fanta and Tippa both play forward, can all three play in the same team?

I tend to think not and think Green the most likely to miss...but the other two wouldn't want to slip up. He'll kick bags in the VFL and could very conceivably do very well if given an opportunity at AFL level.

Credit to him - his body shape has changed significantly. Not easy to do.

I think the fact that we've actually got something of a support network and not just one bloke that's ruck coach/forward coach/property steward/sports psychologist/boot studder/head zookeeper will help him too.

I think Tippa, Fantasia, Hooker and Daniher are our 4 certainties forward. That's a nice mix too, that it allows us to play whoever we feel most appropriate/best suited to the forward line to partner these guys.

I tend to think Green doesn't fit early on, with it more likely to be the likes of Jobe and Laverde. But I'm also happy to have Fantasia up the ground with Colyer as some real pace through the midfield, which would allow Tippa and Green forward.

I've no doubt the 3 of them will be trialled at some point, and I think Green will play his role well.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but.... I'm still a non believer.. attitude is something that's easy to change when in a fresh environment. We will see if it drops away or if he can maintain the rage.

Obviously I'm hoping for the best from him but I'm certainly not counting on him being a regular player.

Time will tell, I've been wrong before and I will be again but if I had to make an early call before he plays any footy for us id say he will be out the door at the end of the season. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

I'm inclined to agree with most of your post, I don't want to get too excited by his pre-season form, but he has shown before he has the talent to be a decent afl player, just his attitude, fitness and consistency hasn't been at the required standard for any significant period of time (although you could argue he kicked 25 goals in 3 seasons 2013-2015, decent return for a young small fwd). Needs to do more than just kick goals though.
I'm going to disagree with the last part, I predict he turns the corner, he has received the kick up the a*** he needed and will match his talent with the right attitude and become a decent player for a number of years. Hopefully he stays injury free and proves you wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back