Delisted #15: Josh Green - will not be offered a contract for 2019 - 10/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing but not surprising.

I loved watching Greeny play. I know he wasn't the greatest and had obvious limitations but that is why I loved him. I've always much preferred watching the underdog having success than the all-conquering, gifted athletes who perform week in/ week out.

Hopefully Greeny can find a home somewhere else or stick around and help us out in the VFL.

Pretty sure I saw him eating a sausage roll at 3 qtr time

I saw him eat 4 and Jack Madgen in the 4th quarter last week.

That’s why Madgen was an out for Collingwood in the prelim. Josh Green ate him

Like the BJ decision, not a great shock here.

Can’t say I was enthused when we grabbed him, but I’d have to say he def exceeded expectations.

Good timing though as he’ll throw everything at the rest of VFL finals to attract another home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind him being a VFL player for us but he has no place in our AFL side moving forward.

Disappointing but not surprising.

I loved watching Greeny play. I know he wasn't the greatest and had obvious limitations but that is why I loved him. I've always much preferred watching the underdog having success than the all-conquering, gifted athletes who perform week in/ week out.

Hopefully Greeny can find a home somewhere else or stick around and help us out in the VFL.
Well said DERO, he was an underdog. A corgi amongst the greyhounds, still managing to pull off a placing in a country meet now and then.

I’ve been critical of greeny but I would like to note at this point how strong he was overhead for a short guy who couldn’t jump. Real football skills with the ball in hand too.

All the best JG in future endeavours.

Was very useful for us last year, but Tigers came up with a game plan that made players like Green obsolete very quickly. At the same time giving Baguley a life line. Thanks JG it’s just a shame you couldn’t get that defensive endeavour about you to help lock the ball in our attacking 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back