Remove this Banner Ad

AMON%20Karl.png

Height: 181 cm

Weight: 71 kg

Date of Birth: 19 August 1995

Nickname:

Twitter Handle: karl_amon

Position: Small Forward / Midfielder

Recruited From: Sandringham Dragons (2013 National Draft Pick #68)

Career Games (to end of 2015): 7 (5 wins, 2 losses)

Career Goals (to end of 2015): 5

For more career stats click here

Honours:

More info on Karl Amon
Karl took giant strides towards becoming a regular AFL player in 2015. Outside of a poor opening game, he improved his consistency at SANFL level, picked up more of the ball and improved his skill level under pressure. He was rewarded with his debut AFL game in Round 7 against Brisbane, where he picked up 9 disposals and a goal. He played 7 matches at AFL level throughout the season, being a vested player in 5 of them. His two full games were the most interesting of the year. He looked overawed by the occasion on a Thursday night against Collingwood, with some questioning his intensity at the contest. He came back in Round 22 and played a full game against Gold Coast, which was his break out game, picking up 16 touches and 3 great goals in the victory.

There is a lot to like about Karl. Quick, skilful, X factor, he just needs to make sure he continues to develop, doesn’t take the season for granted and he could become a consistent member of our first 22.

Highlight Reel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Macca19

23rd. – 10 Votes

#15 KARL AMON

376466.jpg

SANFL Stats (Ave):

Games: 12

Disposals: 18

Marks: 4

Goals: 8

VOTES:

BigFooty: 10 (23rd)

Port: 24 (26th)

Toots: 8 (30th)

Rookie: 27 (8th)

AFL Stats:
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/K/Karl_Amon.html

Notes:
Karl took giant strides towards becoming a regular AFL player in 2015. Outside of a poor opening game, he improved his consistency at SANFL level, picked up more of the ball and improved his skill level under pressure. He was rewarded with his debut AFL game in Round 7 against Brisbane, where he picked up 9 disposals and a goal. He played 7 matches at AFL level throughout the season, being a vested player in 5 of them. His two full games were the most interesting of the year. He looked overawed by the occasion on a Thursday night against Collingwood, with some questioning his intensity at the contest. He came back in Round 22 and played a full game against Gold Coast, which was his break out game, picking up 16 touches and 3 great goals in the victory.

There is a lot to like about Karl. Quick, skilful, X factor, he just needs to make sure he continues to develop, doesn’t take the season for granted and he could become a consistent member of our first 22.

Just saw the fox sports tv spot with Karl, really inspiring stuff.

As someone who had different but similar physical issues growing up (unfortunately mine lasted a bit longer) and now being able to play footy (at a much lower level than Karl would you believe) I think I'll adopt him as one of the players from another club that I will follow closely from now on.

To be honest I saw him for the first time and how much talent he has against the Suns last year, this bloke could be a bloody champ... ridiculous he isn't getting a run in the port team. Got named as an emergency today

How determination and hard work took Power’s Karl Amon from hospital bed to Port Adelaide
ALAN Hunt remembers Karl Amon as a cheeky kid in leg braces trying his best to kick a footy.
“He was running around, or almost hopping around, with a big smile on his face and giving absolutely everything a crack while he was wearing these calipers on his legs,” Hunt recalled.
“I thought, ‘gee this kid has got some spunk’, not knowing that a few years later he’d be playing AFL.”
Amon was born with Perthes disease, a childhood disorder caused by a disruption of blood flow to the ball of the femur.
More .. Pay wall
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/8ed87231bf45b0bd2a81a71a5b786578
upload_2017-5-21_12-12-44.png
Karl Amon lays a strong tackle on the Lions’ Jarrod Berry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back