Past Kieren Jack - retired 2019

Sketi

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2011
depreston
AFL Club
Sydney
Every kick is a guaranteed turnover or complete shank at goal.

And I remember there was a time where you'd back him in every time from the boundary. Just ridiculously past it.

It hurts to say but he is a bad footballer now. I don’t care that he provides leadership... leadership is not making life difficult for your younger team mates by completely ****ing up the simplest of things on the footy field. I also don’t care if he applies decent pressure... we can get Foote for that, who at least never touches it to **** up our game anyway.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
It hurts to say but he is a bad footballer now. I don’t care that he provides leadership... leadership is not making life difficult for your younger team mates by completely ****ing up the simplest of things on the footy field. I also don’t care if he applies decent pressure... we can get Foote for that, who at least never touches it to **** up our game anyway.

Go away now will ya!

Maybe you are comparing before/after game stats mate. Grimmers is very rarely wrong...

Either way it’s an insignificant stat really

He looks poor, his form is a legit concern same as hanners

I’d love to see him back to his best but been a while now really

Either way it’s an insignificant stat really

He looks poor, his form is a legit concern same as hanners

I’d love to see him back to his best but been a while now really
I don't think goal assists is an insignificant stat however do agree that he (& Hanners) both look well under their best.

I thought Kizza fired up v. Geelong & looked brilliant but has tapered off again. Maybe a bit sore (was in the rooms during the game last night for a bit).

Either way, it's the same argument we would've had with Goodes, ROK, Macca, Shaw etc etc... When does their value no longer keep the kid out who can do as much (or more) physically but might not have the footy smarts or leadership? At some point the veteren's value as a leader & smart/experienced player is overtaken by a younger players physical ability & energy.

I don't think goal assists is an insignificant stat however do agree that he (& Hanners) both look well under their best.

I thought Kizza fired up v. Geelong & looked brilliant but has tapered off again. Maybe a bit sore (was in the rooms during the game last night for a bit).

Either way, it's the same argument we would've had with Goodes, ROK, Macca, Shaw etc etc... When does their value no longer keep the kid out who can do as much (or more) physically but might not have the footy smarts or leadership? At some point the veteren's value as a leader & smart/experienced player is overtaken by a younger players physical ability & energy.

Insignificant if it’s less than one a fame I mean

On your last point though maybe that’s more it, someone has to push him out of the side as well

Insignificant if it’s less than one a fame I mean

On your last point though maybe that’s more it, someone has to push him out of the side as well

I would rather Towers honestly. Moves better and also turns it over only half his possessions instead of all of his possessions like Jack.

Footywire says he is in the top 10

upload_2018-6-2_17-57-52.png

Is less than one goal assist a game enough to hang your hat on though?
I don't know, I was replying to the inference that grimlock had got it wrong...

With regard to whether or not Jack should be dropped... How young and inexperienced do you want our team to be? If all of our experienced players were playing at the top of their games, then maybe he should be dropped to the seconds, but they are clearly not. Only our defence is playing out of their skin. So imo, in a team that is winning, sometimes by the skin of their teeth, whose form has been indifferent, you really need a fair amount of experience to surround the youngsters of whom we have plenty...

Jack knows the opposition, he knows the style of games they are playing, he knows our structures and theirs, he knows our game plans and theirs... and he knows them all so well that they would be mostly instinctive. Sure he's down on form, but is he costing us games? I don't think so. What's his upside worth if he comes good in the latter part of the season?

It's a juggling act. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they get it wrong... but it is not JUST about current form, regardless of what some think or want.

I don't know, I was replying to the inference that grimlock had got it wrong...

With regard to whether or not Jack should be dropped... How young and inexperienced do you want our team to be? If all of our experienced players were playing at the top of their games, then maybe he should be dropped to the seconds, but they are clearly not. Only our defence is playing out of their skin. So imo, in a team that is winning, sometimes by the skin of their teeth, whose form has been indifferent, you really need a fair amount of experience to surround the youngsters of whom we have plenty...

Jack knows the opposition, he knows the style of games they are playing, he knows our structures and theirs, he knows our game plans and theirs... and he knows them all so well that they would be mostly instinctive. Sure he's down on form, but is he costing us games? I don't think so. What's his upside worth if he comes good in the latter part of the season?

It's a juggling act. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they get it wrong... but it is not JUST about current form, regardless of what some think or want.
Great post Kirksy, couldn't agree more :thumbsu:

Back