15 m rule

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone please tell me why a player can run more than 15 m when kicking for goal?

The spirit of the game. The vibe.

Far more important questions are why the f are players constantly allowed to drop the ball in tackles and no penalty ensures.

Anyway, the run up to goal is just part of the game. Don’t think too much into it.

Can someone please tell me why a player can run more than 15 m when kicking for goal?
JZEDKnS.gif

When kicking out after a behind it seems you can also run much further than 15m. When we played the Eagles, Hurn ran 35m with no bounce before kicking it.

It should be like this the 15m minimum kick for a mark rule .....with that one they generally allow 10 metre kicks bit then blow play on for a 20metre kick at a critical moment in the game

So for the maximum running distance they should keep allowing 30 metre no bounce runs but just randomly ping players for running 9 metres occasionally

When kicking out after a behind it seems you can also run much further than 15m. When we played the Eagles, Hurn ran 35m with no bounce before kicking it.

I *think* it's only counted after the step out of the square. Which still doesn't account for the other 5-10 metres

Unless that's just an ignorant assumption on my part

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must be talking about Ben Brown.

Seriously, the same reason you can kick 8m and mark paid.
Umpires can't tell the difference.
Umpires train. I am of the view whenever they train there should be lines, cones set at 15m intervals everywhere so they get it rammed into their heads what 15m is.
One guy will run 25m and look flashy and it's all good, next guy will get pinged at 12m. one kick will travel 18m and called play on but a 10m kick will be paid a mark because the player is under pressure. Frustrating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back