Past #15: Nick Dal Santo - 62 NM/322 AFL games - delisted by NM end '16 - retired from AFL Nov '16

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't buy into it mate, it's all apart of his media driven agenda :rolleyes:

Dal Santo the former StKilda great has given an exclusive about young Aston

"Yeah look it's no secret that since his arrival he's done nothing but cry, feed, vomit, poo and cry again"

"To be honest I was shocked with how long it took him to exit the womb "

Dal Santo went on "Aston seems completely disinterested in sleeping for long periods at night and has eyebrows raised at his preference to only want to sleep at the most inappropriate times"

There was one positive Dal Santo went on to say "yeah when it's the witching hour the only thing that seems to calm him is a bit of music from 'One Direction'."
" Must run in the family" Dal Santo went on to say.

http://aflnation.com.au/2018/08/22/dal-santo-recalls-sinking-feeling-before-north-melbourne-axing/

Dal Santo recalls “sinking feeling” before North Melbourne axing
AFL Nation - Wed, 22nd Aug 2018

Former North Melbourne midfielder Nick Dal Santo has revealed what took place the day he was told his services at the Kangaroos would no longer be required.

Dal Santo was coming out of contract at the end of the 2016 season, and was yet to be notified as to whether he would receive a new deal to remain at Arden Street.

The three-time All-Australian says he received an unexpected phone call from coach Brad Scott on a Tuesday afternoon, asking the veteran if he could seek a meeting without disclosing what would be discussed.

“It was yesterday two years ago leading into the last round,” Dal Santo told SEN Afternoons.

“There had been a lot of talk, it was a Tuesday afternoon, we finished at about 12-1:00, it was a half-day on a Tuesday, we got our work done early and we got the afternoon off.

“Just as I was getting home and I was about to pick up my son from day-care that particular day, I get the call from the coach and I thought: what’s Brad Scott calling me for at 1:30 on a Tuesday?

“We touched base and he said: ‘let me come over, I’m going to have a chat’. I said: ‘no worries’.

“I had that instant sinking feeling in your guts that that might be it.”

Dal Santo was told by Scott he would not be offered a new deal with the Roos, and explained the reasons why.

“An hour later Brad Scott comes over and sits down, I always got along with Brad really well and still do to this day, he was always very respectful with me,” he added.

“He asked me how I was feeling, we had just lost to Sydney down at Hobart, and I spoke about that my body feels good, mentally I’m here and I’m still committed.

“He wrapped me up and said: ‘you’re playing some good football and pretty much took all my arguments away from me’.

“Then for a split second I thought: that’s nice, Brad’s driven all the way from the footy club in North Melbourne to Bayside to tell me I’m getting another contract.

“He said all those really nice things, but he said you just can’t do it at the Kangaroos next year.

“I didn’t cry, I wasn’t emotionally upset but the best bit I did in regards to that conversation with Brad Scott, we sat there for another 45 minutes and spoke and he presented the club and where they were going and the young players coming through.

“Brad showed me respect and I was ok.”

Dal Santo played 322 games for North Melbourne and St Kilda after making his AFL debut back in 2002.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=267043

Happy 36th Birthday to Nick Dal Santo
Only man to start 3 V/AFL seasons with a perfect 9-0 record
2004 & 2009 with STK
2016 with NTH

First person to record 4+ wins vs 18 different clubs

@stkildafc @NMFCOfficial

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be a long year as coach for him. Would be favourites for the spoon along with GC

bit surprised he went down A coaching path thought he’d focus fully on the media route

I think that’s the point.

AFLW is basically amateur footy and the season is 8 rounds long in the summer offseason.

Can do both.

Just like Harford coaches and still hosted a daily radio show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back