Media 15 Pages of this...

Are the Furies the worst banterers in the Sweet FA?

• Yes

• No

• Bays

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

And I say perceived because while I am sure some stat geek has the numbers to point to the contrary I really fail to see how we're any less active than the bottom three or five clubs in this league.

Because you are in the bottom three active sides.

Activity banter is s**t banter and is usually used by spammers.

Fact.

As it stands the Furies v Royals match thread is leading the post counts on 384.

If the Royals aren't posting enough it means the Furies are posting too much.

Activity banter is s**t banter and is usually used by spammers.

Fact.

As it stands the Furies v Royals match thread is leading the post counts on 384.

If the Royals aren't posting enough it means the Furies are posting too much.
It's not fact, it's your opinion.

Some of us play this game for the war of words and the fight to gain any edge. Activity is one of the few measurements available to us of this.

Some of us play this game for the war of words and the fight to gain any edge. Activity is one of the few measurements available to us of this.
You have basically just admitted that the Furies value quantity over quality.

Pack it up boys, we're done here.

That's it.

Time to change some rules.

Rule 1: The admin does not have opinions, he merely states fact.

Tarkyn_24 smells his own butt.

You have basically just admitted that the Furies value quantity over quality.

Pack it up boys, we're done here.
Only if you're illiterate. You could be mates with TradeDraft drawing conclusions like that.

The Furies have quality in spades, and the added bonus is that we post regularly enough that our opponents aren't left wondering if they've got the bye every week.

That's it.

Time to change some rules.

Rule 1: The admin does not have opinions, he merely states fact.

Tarkyn_24 smells his own butt.
Thanks for the example. Give me pages questioning activity over crap like this any day of the week. At least one of the two are relative to the competition we're playing in.

FWIW. I don't advocate spamming the sake of spamming. But the apple doesn't fall far from the tree- Footypie32 questioned my own activity in the very match thread that he's now crying about.

How about doing something to correct the perception of inactivity rather than sulking and pointing fingers?

Thanks for the example. Give me pages questioning activity over crap like this any day of the week. At least one of the two are relative to the competition we're playing in.

FWIW. I don't advocate spamming the sake of spamming. But the apple doesn't fall far from the tree- Footypie32 questioned my own activity in the very match thread that he's now crying about.

How about doing something to correct the perception of inactivity rather than sulking and pointing fingers?

I bet that butt of yours smells really tasty right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure you can Gentlemen... sure you can.
It's the first game back, people are excited to be back at it, we have posters like Cayz, Sterge and Akkaps who always pick up huge posting numbers, along with others trying to fight for spots on a quite active team.

And it seems the banter worked, the Royals and fired up and we have a good thread going

It's the first game back, people are excited to be back at it, we have posters like Cayz, Sterge and Akkaps who always pick up huge posting numbers, along with others trying to fight for spots on a quite active team.

And it seems the banter worked, the Royals and fired up and we have a good thread going

I have no issue with the excitement, it is exactly what we want to see right now. I do have an issue with teams being engaged with activity banter when its day two of round one. It's boring as far as banter goes anyway but it is exacerbated to me when one of the most notorious spammers in the league in akkaps was quoted half a dozen times in the OP.

****, I don't know if I even care about activity banter as much as I care about the pride taken by a team in engaging in such a witless form of attack on another team. It's cheap and lazy and seeing people pat themselves on the back over it makes me question their depth of quality.

I don't need to even go into that thread to know that four or five Furies started having their own conversation, the straggling Royal that popped up struggled, as is usual, to ease into your team conversation and that at least three of you have made up 30% of the total post count already.

And yes, it's great that the Royals have eased themselves into the thread as is their standard (and I bet we're seeing a stronger Royals side than recent times) but if this thread is popping up two days into the season we're in a lot of trouble.

****, I don't know if I even care about activity banter as much as I care about the pride taken by a team in engaging in such a witless form of attack on another team.
Our 'pride' is that our club is showing some real passion and exciting for this year, we didn't go patting eacho ther on our backs until this silly thread was made. I don't personally like the banter against activity, I don't think I've made a reference too it, but if the Royals really have such an issue with it they should step in, defend themselves and not go whining on the main board.

As I said before this would've made a great post in the thread and I wouldn't have much of a response, but as a thread? Silly and just gives us more ammo.

I don't need to even go into that thread to know that four or five Furies started having their own conversation, the straggling Royal that popped up struggled, as is usual, to ease into your team conversation and that at least three of you have made up 30% of the total post count already.
I've been on both sides of this situation, there are many ways to break the conversation and bring yourself in as the Royals have showed over the last few pages, there are so many possible ways so start some banter, I think I've only seen the fact that the Furies captains are a relative inactive and a rookie who didn't even poll in the EKA? There's a free shot for future teams.

f this thread is popping up two days into the season we're in a lot of trouble.
Agreed, if threads complaining about the quality are posted every time someone has an issue we're in trouble.

Complaining about inactivity fails to properly engage the opponent on any level, and in fact has the opposite effect that one complaining about inactivity intends - to, presumably, create an exchange of banter.

To be greeted to it for three seasons becomes grating, especially when it's delivered in a determinedly non-creative fashion.

I think it was more to do with the repetitiveness of the "joke". We have actually been quite active so far and what certainly doesn't facilitate this is constant spamming of the same gag which does not assist engagement.

i for one don't mind the banter, this is what I signed up for. You know who didn't sign up for this? Our rookies. Mainly because I told them we were the most active club and have won the last 5 premierships

I think it was more to do with the repetitiveness of the "joke". We have actually been quite active so far and what certainly doesn't facilitate this is constant spamming of the same gag which does not assist engagement.

i for one don't mind the banter, this is what I signed up for. You know who didn't sign up for this? Our rookies. Mainly because I told them we were the most active club and have won the last 5 premierships
Most of it comes from the culture around the Royals, you have been known as 'inactive', however justified that is, in the past. This tag sticks until you, as Taylor Swift would say, shake it off. It's round one, it's always going to have iffy quality as people ease back into the season and discover new and exciting ways to fling s**t at eachother.

Again, I'm impressed with the Royals (I said that outside the match thread) but to get so strung up over the claims of inactivity are silly, prove the doubters wrong with your posting.

I've been on both sides of this situation, there are many ways to break the conversation and bring yourself in as the Royals have showed over the last few pages, there are so many possible ways so start some banter, I think I've only seen the fact that the Furies captains are a relative inactive and a rookie who didn't even poll in the EKA? There's a free shot for future teams.

If Equus had of nominated _Cayz_ he would have made a fine runner up

Complaining about inactivity fails to properly engage the opponent on any level, and in fact has the opposite effect that one complaining about inactivity intends - to, presumably, create an exchange of banter.

To be greeted to it for three seasons becomes grating, especially when it's delivered in a determinedly non-creative fashion.
I think the Royals could do with a teaspoon of cement to be honest. If creativity is so important to you, I'll make sure I send it along with an origami swan for you.

Also love the fact that Gentlemen is giving you your ammunition too.

We truly are a juggernaut.

The banter didn't work. Activity banter is crap. Footypie tagged me in with the post he was criticised for, as I hadn't realised we had started. When the opposition go missing for whatever reason, real life, work, coincidence ... whatever, then teammates can banter among themselves.

Back