Past #15: Paul Ahern - delisted after 24 NM games/6 NM goals - thanks Pauly

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumping over from the training thread, where 75-77-96-99 mentioned they’d spoken to Paul and he’s definitely going to be playing off half back.

If he gets plays that defensively unaccountable loose half back role that other clubs go with, calling it now, he’ll get 30 a week.

Just hope it's not 30kg a week. That'd mean he's regained all his lost weight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jumping over from the training thread, where 75-77-96-99 mentioned they’d spoken to Paul and he’s definitely going to be playing off half back.

If he gets plays that defensively unaccountable loose half back role that other clubs go with, calling it now, he’ll get 30 a week.
He’s the player you want it to get 30 times a week.
he’ll carve teams up with his foot skills.

He’s already shown to be able to rack up the ball. I can’t see them using him as a defense type, reckon he’ll play a purely creative role.
in some respects, he is the forgotten man. He has the potential to be the best of the young brigade.
We haven’t seen any of them put on a performance like the eagles game in Hobart.

Last edited:
He is the forgotten man in some respects. He has the potential to be the best of the young brigade.
We haven’t seen any of them put on a performance like the eagles game in Hobart.
Spot on - I was at that game, sitting in the pocket where he made a 90 degree poke kick off his left between two converging defenders to find one of our forwards. He looked like a player who had found his game and the switch was flicked.

I don't think it's been all his fault that he hasn't gone on with it, but it's definitely all there. Hopefully Shaw and the new boys can help bring it back out.

If our midfielders are going to push back, then he can possibly get off the chain.

Reckon they will. Shaw has said we’re going to be more defensively minded.

I reckon it would serve to nullify Paul's weaknesses and promote his strengths.

J-Mac would also benefit from this set up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back