Past #15: Paul Ahern - delisted after 24 NM games/6 NM goals - thanks Pauly

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he looks lean enough but certainly doesn't look ripped like most the other boys. Lucky he is as skilled as anyone so strength might not be an issue for him.
Saw him pre Christmas and is noticeably leaner. Another 18-24 months.

With Ahern, Higgins, Cunnington, Tyson, Hall = 5 x 25 disposal a game mids. Watch out.

Polec averaged 25 this year for Port, so we’d probably hope he’s in that list.

Averaged 21 touches last season, with a full pre-season under his belt, could average around 26 touches for the up coming season and beyond that, i reckon a sub 30 touch match will be considered just a fair game.
Some players really have to work their guts out to get to the footy, this guy seems to draw it to him. When his body adapts to the rigours of pre seasons and season workloads, this guy will be unstoppable

Averaged 21 touches last season, with a full pre-season under his belt, could average around 26 touches for the up coming season and beyond that, i reckon a sub 30 touch match will be considered just a fair game.
Some players really have to work their guts out to get to the footy, this guy seems to draw it to him. When his body adapts to the rigours of pre seasons and season workloads, this guy will be unstoppable

Have a look at his TOG figures.

He ranked one of the lowest in the entire comp for players over 10 games played.

The amount of clearances, goal assists, i50’s and disposals he got with those TOG figures are actually nuts.

If he simply gets up to 80%+ alone, without his added running ability between contests he’s already averaging 26+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Polec averaged 25 this year for Port, so we’d probably hope he’s in that list.
With Ahern, Higgins, Cunnington, Tyson, Hall = 5 x 25 disposal a game mids. Watch out.

Will be interesting who teams tag - there’s going to be real quality running around loose

Good times

Have a look at his TOG figures.

He ranked one of the lowest in the entire comp for players over 10 games played.

The amount of clearances, goal assists, i50’s and disposals he got with those TOG figures are actually nuts.

If he simply gets up to 80%+ alone, without his added running ability between contests he’s already averaging 26+

Yep. The media talk about our inability to land a "big fish", well once this guy gets going - he is going to be it !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back