Past #15: Paul Ahern - delisted after 24 NM games/6 NM goals - thanks Pauly

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So, Pauly is out of contract at the end of 2020. A handful of excellent games and some questionable application to training bookend discussions on his ability. Where do we see him at years end.

Personally I think that if he has not come back to training in tip top condition then his papers are already stamped. I hope like hell his skin folds are better than the club expect them to be because there is a bloody good footballer in there.

I pretty much agree with all of that. He strikes me as a bloke with all of the ability, but questionable application. MUST step up this season.

Any mail on his condition?

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I pretty much agree with all of that. He strikes me as a bloke with all of the ability, but questionable application. MUST step up this season.

Any mail on his condition?
None.

GarnerSmash

10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is one of the best skills wise in our team

Versatility to play hbf and mid with potential reduced list spots will be vital going forward

Should be signing him up soon
He's got some fantastic skill and touch. And some very poor attributes, which is the concern.

He needs to get fitter, like AFL standard fit, he needs to get stronger, and he needs to get cleaner at the stoppage and stop this quick 25 meter kick to no one that seems to be his default when at the coalface.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone know who he partnered up with over the break?
would’ve liked him to be doing run, bike and skills with someone like Bailey Scott. I think those two need to be in-sync for us to be moving up.

Last edited:
Unfairly maligned in my opinion
Plenty of others who should be under scrutiny before him
When given the opportunity in the midfield, did really well, and most importantly, uses the ball well
I’d rather have a smart footballer than a 6 pack Adonis who does sweet FA

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I suspect Shaw has a similar conversation with every player, only some of them act on the advice.

Even senior players have gotten the chat as evidenced by JMac’s game saving smoother when usually he is doing his best to implement social distancing before it was a thing.

Wasn’t it Polec who had the smother to save the game against the Saints? I’m sure it was...

showusyacunningt

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2010
doghouse
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Haleing goals
I think he needs to be on ball to get the most out of him and to be fully motivated. He's shown he can be a special clearance player. If Cunners didn't exist and we head to lean on Pauly I'm sure he'd be an established young star already.

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screenshot_20200526-173042_Herald Sun.jpg

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Back