Senior 15. Sam Docherty

Remove this Banner Ad

What's not to :blueheart:

Love his playing style, hard, uncompromise, skilful, compose.
Well spoken with deep, clear thinking, understand what involves and what it takes to succeed.

I hope he will be our next captain as i think leadership comes naturally for him thus wont effect his onfield perfomance but enhance it.

I see so much Hodge in him:thumbsu:

He is like our Hodge, only without the sniping. Plus I guess Podge had a pretty handy left peg.

Anyway, absolutely love Doc. Will lead us to great things I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge was lethal by foot.
Sam is still very young and that part of his game will improve noticeably imho And he is no slouch by foot either.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have his number on my jumper and this is an example of why.

During the family day earlier in the year, the lines to get signatures and photos with the players were immense, but we persevered. We were about ten people out when an official started saying " sorry folks the boys have to leave and go on stage". I very politely said to him can we please please go another couple of minutes as we had come up from Canberra. He hummed and hahed, and said they couldn't, but the whole time people in front of us were getting their photos and sigs.

Anyway It was Sam and SOS in this tent and everyone wanted Sos' photo and signature and when we got there Sam was beginning to move off. He had heard my pleading with the official, and i said" hey Sam could I get your signature on my jumper" He looked at me a bit puzzled and then when he saw his number on my jumper he broke into a big smile and said "I thought you were after Jack's sig"

He was genuinely a humble person and didn't seem to occur to him that this crazy guy with his daughter, wanted him to sign my jumper rather than SOS. Odd little story I know and suppose you had to be there, but in my mind he is and should our next captain. Quality player and person.

YES YES YES DOC :blueheart:

Carlton co-captain Sam Docherty will play at least one of the Blues’ two pre-season matches as he aims to return from a second consecutive knee reconstruction.

The All-Australian defender hasn’t played since 2017 but has praised new fitness boss Andrew Russell for a slightly different approach in his second rehabilitation.
Docherty said he’ll play either in the club’s first hit-out against Fremantle in Mandurah, or in the week three clash at Ikon Park against the Brisbane Lions.

Also ...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back