Senior 15. Sam Docherty

Remove this Banner Ad

Doc on GuesSEN this morning :blueheart: :blueheart: :blueheart:

To all those posting about the Sam Docherty / Peter Dean similarities, I submit Exhibit A.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/afl-lookalikes.713740/page-16#post-38470584

Former Carlton Runner (and also 2-time premiership player) Peter Dean

PDeanArticle_620X370.jpg

Future Carlton premiership captain Sam Docherty

330905-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

Has Peter Dean drunk from the fountain of youth and changed the 3 on the back of his jumper to a 1? Or is it just me?

On top of the physical similarities (and no nonsense haircuts), it's the playing styles which strikes me.

Both are just super dependable down back. Neither take a backwards step. Both like(d) to take the game on and to dash from defense, with the odd goal thrown in for good measure. Even Doc's running style reminds me of Dean....

My lawyers hereby issue an edict. Royalties are payable to ferrisb or you shall be served a cease and desist order. :mad:

You have 1-2 weeks to comply! ;)

Been saying the same thing for a while. Even posted the same pick as a comparison haha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

To all those posting about the Sam Docherty / Peter Dean similarities, I submit Exhibit A.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/afl-lookalikes.713740/page-16#post-38470584

Former Carlton Runner (and also 2-time premiership player) Peter Dean

PDeanArticle_620X370.jpg

Future Carlton premiership captain Sam Docherty

330905-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

Has Peter Dean drunk from the fountain of youth and changed the 3 on the back of his jumper to a 1? Or is it just me?

On top of the physical similarities (and no nonsense haircuts), it's the playing styles which strikes me.

Both are just super dependable down back. Neither take a backwards step. Both like(d) to take the game on and to dash from defense, with the odd goal thrown in for good measure. Even Doc's running style reminds me of Dean....

My lawyers hereby issue an edict. Royalties are payable to ferrisb or you shall be served a cease and desist order. :mad:

You have 1-2 weeks to comply! ;)
Sam, you need a few more high flying marks and them i'm convinced!

Just say, you were good all year last year and have been sensational this year. Probably on top for B&F votes if I was doing the voting.

I've said it a few times on here, he is a gun and only gonna get better, still only 23yo and loves the club as he grew up following the Mighty Blues!
Can't ever see him dropping out of the leadership group playing like he is ATM.
only 23yo...this always astounds me , the leadership he displays , the calmness and the vision...kid reminds me of Cameron Smith for Melbourne Storm when he was younger ...

Seriously love the kid. He is a footballer. He does has the odd below average game, but boy oh boy is he impressive.

I'd say it'd be a very close numbers in the B&F between Doc, Simmo, Gibbs and Cripps

Pity treloar didn't have the same sentiment.... I can't speak highly enough of this young bloke and as you said he really does love this club.
Glad we didn't get Treloar. Great player and no denying his talent, but just don't think he's the right fit for this bunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many captains are we going to have? :p

What pleases me is that some of our younger brigade actually have leadership skills. You look at most of the great premiership teams and they have a whole host of players with strong leadership skills. I felt like in recent years, Judd, Simmo, Murphy aside we've been lacking in that department. And I definitely feel like if those players didn't step up we'd struggle as a team.

This season I've noticed that the workload seems to be spread more. Docherty looks just as calm and assured under pressure as the 250 gamer Simpson. I actually think that part of the reason we haven't defended well in recent years is that we've simply lacked support for someone like Simmo.

:blueheart: :blueheart: :blueheart:

Docherty's star on the rise ..........

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-05-16/dochertys-star-on-the-rise

Sam Docherty is quickly becoming one of Carlton’s most loved defenders, constantly putting his body on the line, intercepting marks and playing for his teammates – and the jumper.

“I’m loving it (the backline), it’s a really good group down there, we’ve got a very offensive look with four or five running half-backs which is great,” Docherty told SEN on Monday.
“We’re all playing together very well and helping each other out as much as we can, which has been good.”

Nobody thinks SOS recruited every good player in one offseason. There are still good players recruited by Hughes and Rogers. We just didn't get enough to make a successful team.

SOS can be credited with getting maximum value for conditional footballers and making some tough calls and as a List Manager is more hands on when a player is at the club and is very much a part of that overall vibe we have created.

its debatable that nobody thinks that hughes and rogers didnt recruit anyone good based on some of their rants.

its debatable that nobody thinks that hughes and rogers didnt recruit anyone good based on some of their rants.

Really not sure why you are choosing to go over old ground here. Do you really want someone to engage you in a recruiting debate in the Docherty thread?

Every poster knows that Docherty was a good trade, that Cripps was a good draft selection, but those examples do not necessarily make a liar out of anybody who choosing to question our previous recruiting or recruiters unless they explicitly say those recruiters failed with every pick.

Really not sure why you are choosing to go over old ground here. Do you really want someone to engage you in a recruiting debate in the Docherty thread?

Every poster knows that Docherty was a good trade, that Cripps was a good draft selection, but those examples do not necessarily make a liar out of anybody who choosing to question our previous recruiting or recruiters unless they explicitly say those recruiters failed with every pick.

I made one quick comment. I did it to provide a bit of balance to the debate. Throw a dash of cripps in there for good measure. You have jumped up and made the big deal about it. Moving on ol son

I made one quick comment. I did it to provide a bit of balance to the debate. Throw a dash of cripps in there for good measure. You have jumped up and made the big deal about it. Moving on ol son

You made two comments, ones that added nothing in terms of balance since all people were doing was praising Docherty with no recruiting discussion to be had. I'm not making a big deal, just called you on the pointlessness of the comment.

You made two comments, ones that added nothing in terms of balance since all people were doing was praising Docherty with no recruiting discussion to be had. I'm not making a big deal, just called you on the pointlessness of the comment.

As far as I am concerned I made ONE comment. The second was in response to your comment. And by your continual reference to a quick post on my behalf- has highlighted it. Why not just let it pass and move on. I have. Is this really the job of a moderator?

As far as I am concerned I made ONE comment. The second was in response to your comment. And by your continual reference to a quick post on my behalf- has highlighted it. Why not just let it pass and move on. I have. Is this really the job of a moderator?

I'm posting as a poster. Forget the mod thing.

It just seemed like a sarcastic cheap shot to reignite a recruiting debate and you keep asking for me to move on because I dared to challenge it.

It's a discussion form. Opinions can be challenged. Feel free to challenge mine.

I'm posting as a poster. Forget the mod thing.

It just seemed like a sarcastic cheap shot to reignite a recruiting debate and you keep asking for me to move on because I dared to challenge it.

It's a discussion form. Opinions can be challenged. Feel free to challenge mine.

Well I disagree. your comment didnt read as a mere poster, it read more as a challenge to the appropriateness of what i said and where it was said- so very 'modish". And for the record I think rogers was never a brilliant recruiter BUT he was better than most give him credit for - hence my comment. And if you are going to highlight "cheap shots" on this forum , you have a very selective lens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back