Senior 15. Sam Docherty

15 docherty.jpg

Last edited:
Well I disagree. your comment didnt read as a mere poster, it read more as a challenge to the appropriateness of what i said and where it was said- so very 'modish". And for the record I think rogers was never a brilliant recruiter BUT he was better than most give him credit for - hence my comment. And if you are going to highlight "cheap shots" on this forum , you have a very selective lens.

I don't care how it read. I take issue with the same sort of thing on other boards I don't mod. Point scoring by opening old wounds doesn't really generate positive responses.

I just don't see what balance you think you were adding to a discussion about how well Doc was travelling by having a shot at those who didn't rate Rogers when nobody was in here having a shot at Rogers. Just seems so passive aggressive.

If I was modding you I'd just delete the post right?

Where would Docherty sit in a revised 2011 draft?

Top 5, I'd say. Maybe even top 3 players in that draft.

To us maybe. Still fighting to be noticed by opposition supporters. Seen something on the main board this week. His first recognition I think.

Someone on main board made some Hodge connection.:sunglasses:

That's what I was referring to. Beats me why he hasn't got media attention. Weiters has, Cripps has, Murph has, Gibbs has ... Doc just goes under the radar.

For me he epitomises our new team work ethic and he was doing this last year when others weren't.

To us maybe. Still fighting to be noticed by opposition supporters. Seen something on the main board this week. His first recognition I think.

Just us? How many players are better from that draft?

There aren't more than 10 players with serious quality coming out of 2011 and Docherty is certainly one of the good ones.

Just us? How many players are better from that draft?

There aren't more than 10 players with serious quality coming out of 2011 and Docherty is certainly one of the good ones.

I agree. I just think some of our players have to do twice as much to be recognised by neutrals.

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
I don't care how it read. I take issue with the same sort of thing on other boards I don't mod. Point scoring by opening old wounds doesn't really generate positive responses.

I just don't see what balance you think you were adding to a discussion about how well Doc was travelling by having a shot at those who didn't rate Rogers when nobody was in here having a shot at Rogers. Just seems so passive aggressive.

If I was modding you I'd just delete the post right?

Moving on.

To answer your question though HARKER, I can see opposition fans rating these players above Doc given how they get talked about:

Neale
Mitchell
Blicavs
Wingard
Yeo
Dahlhaus

and then others adding in the likes of Adams, Coniglio, Tyson.

I wouldn't agree with a few there but you just know they would do it.

Edit: Then you have the GWS concession picks like Cameron, Shiel and Treloar.

Old navy

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2014
Eastern Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Where would Docherty sit in a revised 2011 draft?

Top 5, I'd say. Maybe even top 3 players in that draft.

Not a great draft 2011. Not top 3 just yet has the potential tho.
Wingard
Conigilo
Devon Smith
Haynes
Doc
WHE not sure what's going on with him, last year looked like he was going to be gun.

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
To answer your question though HARKER, I can see opposition fans rating these players above Doc given how they get talked about:

Neale
Mitchell
Blicavs
Wingard
Yeo
Dahlhaus

Potentially Crouch/JOM too..
Realistically though, I couldnt care less whether other teams fans rate Doc, he's ours and he's a beauty.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Neale
Mitchell
Blicavs
Wingard
Yeo
Dahlhaus

Concession picks have little to do with the draft, unfortunately.
Throw them in and the whole order may get flipped around.

I'd have Docherty above Yeo and Mitchell. Blicavs wasn't involved in the ND either, but should be taken into account.
Dalhaus was a nominated rookie so that doesn't count but it wouldn't have mattered either.

I'd still have Docherty top 5. The leadership alone adds some weight to the whole.

Had a quick look at some Footywire stats.

2016 so far (in the comp):

Ranked 6th in Marks Per Game
Ranked 3rd in Total Marks
Ranked 6th in Total Rebound 50s
Ranked 10th in Rebound 50s Per Game

RyWy

Draftee
May 17, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
Can anyone else see him as a possible future captain of the club?

Mar 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
Yeah, everyone.
Glad i'm in the majority then.

There are alternatives. Two that standout are Cripps and Weitering. Cripps is learning the AFL communication game and I am sure is a favorite with the players. Weitering is a great communicator, but maybe a bit aloof from the players (pure speculation) Whereas Doc is a natural communicator and I am sure is popular with his team mates . All have claims.

ajb72

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
There are alternatives. Two that standout are Cripps and Weitering. Cripps is learning the AFL communication game and I am sure is a favorite with the players. Weitering is a great communicator, but maybe a bit aloof from the players (pure speculation) Whereas Doc is a natural communicator and I am sure is popular with his team mates . All have claims.

Amazing how quick things change.

If any of the 3 were made captain in the future, who would complain?

Back