15 year old bailed for 2 counts of attempted murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Go back and look at the post you quoted after the Leigh Robinson one. Post 14

You quoted once and talked about Robinson. You quoted a second time and said straight after the bolded. . Either fix it or accept it

Those with little things like evidence and laws at their hands didn't think it was necessary, and I'm inclined to think that is correct unless demonstrated otherwise.

Of course, the prosecution can appeal the decision if it was considered unreasonable. I notice that hasn't occurred.

Is remanding him will make him less likely to offend on release?

Given that it's an ineffective way to rehabilitate people - particularly people who are mentally ill, as he is - it will only make things worse down the track.

Unless of course you think he should be locked up for life.
I've just told you, you don't ******* hang a kid, but you don't put them on bail for a serious crime. Don't twist my words and try and ******* psychoanalyse the situation like you're a pro. I've said it enough now for you to get my point. If you can't accept it, don't quote me again.

You don't hang a 15 year old kid FFS, but you don't give them bail after trying to kill people in a car. People like Robinson, Dupas, Denyer etc, they are adults with premeditated desires to kill people. A 15 year old kid shouldn't be subjected to an adult punishment, but you don't let him out on bail FFS.

I am not saying anything like that for this young man, but I am sick of people like you defending these people for the sake of 'mental health' or 'youth' when at 15 years old they think using a car to ram through people is not worthy of not seeing the light of day for a very long time.

So a 15-year-old being locked up "for a very long time" is not an adult punishment?

His punishment should be about 'us' first and him second.

And it is in our interests that he be rehabilitated.

Also, we aren't even at the point of him being punished. He has not been convicted, let alone sentenced.

Last edited:

So being locked up "for a very long time" is not an adult punishment?
In youth detention until he turns 18, then serve the remainder as required in an adult facility. You shouldn't just get a slapped wrist in the form of bail for the crime he committed. Regardless of his mental state, people could have been killed and lives seriously ruined.

Apparently he is no longer a threat, despite trying to run down people in the cbd on grand final morning.
Bail.
Seriously.
Wtf is going on with these magistrates and judges and whoever it is that grants bail?
How can this person even have a hope in hell of getting bail?
Disgusting.

Why do you just blindly believe these charges?

Do you know the circumstances surrounding the charges?

Are you aware that it is common practice for cops to inflate charges prior to a brief of evidence being produced?

Why do you just blindly believe these charges?

Do you know the circumstances surrounding the charges?

Are you aware that it is common practice for cops to inflate charges prior to a brief of evidence being produced?
I've seen the footage, anyway your a cop hater so no point arguing with you.

The article states he had a history of mental illness. I am sure this was also taken into account.

Do I think what he did was terrible. Yes. Do I think people are lucky. Yes

But despite all his efforts it seems he didn't hit anyone.

He is 15 and certainly needs help, I don't think locking him up will achieve any of that

Why is helping him more important than protecting us?

Why is helping him more important than protecting us?
It isn't. But apparently to some people his rehabilitation comes before putting him away for trying to kill people, and when asked how those people would feel if their family members were injured or killed, I was told 'there it is, the classic response'.

Should he be given the chance at redemption as a 15 year old? Yes he should. Should we acknowledge the seriousness of the offence? Yes we should, and that starts by administrating a firm punishment that sets a precedent.

Let's face it, it was attempted murder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It isn't vigilante justice.
But it is. You want to determine the sentencing before the fact. Thats vigilantism.

I find it ironic you complain about sentencing and court matters yet cant stomach criticism of your own sentencing options

But it is. You want to determine the sentencing before the fact. Thats vigilantism.

I find it ironic you complain about sentencing and court matters yet cant stomach criticism of your own sentencing options
There's nothing ironic about it. I find it a bit disturbing when you feel this individual should be released under 'supervision'. It's more ironic to have him supervised when in the first place a lack of supervision or inadequate supervision probably led him down this path. I'd also hope there is some serious investigation into his upbringing.

There's nothing ironic about it. I find it a bit disturbing when you feel this individual should be released under 'supervision'. It's more ironic to have him supervised when in the first place a lack of supervision or inadequate supervision probably led him down this path. I'd also hope there is some serious investigation into his upbringing.
Now you want the parents charged as well. Wow. Now I know you're trolling

Now you want the parents charged as well. Wow. Now I know you're trolling
Wow! You're really good at manipulating people's words aren't you? Where on earth have you deduced that I wanted the parents charged? I said INVESTIGATED. Did I use the word charge? Prosecute? Or any other word to that effect? No I didn't.

If you want to engage in discussions and have your views respected, don't blatantly manipulate and twist what people say to suit your agenda.

Are you a politician?

How old was Bailey? Way to miss a point
No, his point is that the system failed to identify and rehabilitate a dangerous offender, and that offender probably didn't get the punishment he deserved initially. Which is why a young woman is dead. Cue Leigh Robinson and Peter Dupas.

As far as this 15 year old is concerned? Well I'd be pretty concerned about him being bailed and under supervision for trying to kill people, wouldn't you?

Those with little things like evidence and laws at their hands didn't think it was necessary, and I'm inclined to think that is correct unless demonstrated otherwise.

Of course, the prosecution can appeal the decision if it was considered unreasonable. I notice that hasn't occurred.

Is remanding him will make him less likely to offend on release?

Given that it's an ineffective way to rehabilitate people - particularly people who are mentally ill, as he is - it will only make things worse down the track.

Unless of course you think he should be locked up for life.

Because those with little things like evidence and laws have been doing such a great job these days. They're always correct when they grant bail just like the parole board is always correct when they grant parole.

Remanding him won't make him less likely to offend on release but it will make him less likely to offend whilst the matters are being dealt with.

How do you know he has a mental illness?

Because those with little things like evidence and laws have been doing such a great job these days. They're always correct when they grant bail just like the parole board is always correct when they grant parole.

Remanding him won't make him less likely to offend on release but it will make him less likely to offend whilst the matters are being dealt with.

How do you know he has a mental illness?
Pretty much. The fact that this individual could be granted bail is worrying until a punishment is delivered. Also, the fact that he is 15 is really irrelevant. People who commit serious offences start somewhere, and a troubled and interrupted childhood and adolescent period often leads towards unstable adult life where crime can be associated with those people.

You've got to stop the train in its tracks somewhere, and a good reason to stop it is if a child has taken a car and used it as a weapon to try and inflict serious harm. Attempted murder in fact.

Bail and parole is simply inappropriate for some people, and unfortunately for this young man we can't just assume he will be safe in the community after trying to kill people in a premeditated attack. This stuff all starts somewhere.

I suggest you go and do some research on these names:

Leigh Robinson
Peter Dupas
David Patrick Clifford
William John Watkins
Kevin Anthony Byrne
Francis McCullagh
Gareth Buck
Sean Price

The system failed those people, and it ultimately failed the victim and their ruined families. I am not talking about a 15 year old pulling a couple of pickets off a fence, I am talking a person taking a car and ramming it into people.

Enough is enough. This young man is not safe and we shouldn't have to share our streets with him just because he is 15.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back