15-year-old Maurice Rioli Jnr To Make Senior Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about that. I thought it was for kids from mixed ethnic backgrounds (seems indigenous kids are ethnic in their own country). Derek E.Smith is from a footy/indigenous background and was drafted through the academy I think. If not there are certainly indigenous kids in the academy.
theres no way the bombers/ hawks can have whoever they want from the new zones in the nt, aboriginal kids still have to go through the draft if theyre any good before those clubs get a shot at em

I’d doubt he would as that would risk going interstate rather than live with his bro in Melbourne
Daniel’s brother, if even close to Daniel’s level of talent will definitely be at the bombers.

If he’s anywhere near as good as Daniel Essendon will not jeopardise any chance they have of getting him, he’ll already be well looked after by the bombers.

Just quickly, are there layers of priority?

If so, surely Father-Son tops the list? And surely we deserve first crack after a pretty bare F/S cupboard.

Anyhow, can't see MJ wanting to go anywhere but Richmond, given that's who he barracks for and that's where his Dad played...

Just quickly, are there layers of priority?

If so, surely Father-Son tops the list? And surely we deserve first crack after a pretty bare F/S cupboard.

Anyhow, can't see MJ wanting to go anywhere but Richmond, given that's who he barracks for and that's where his Dad played...

Pretty sure he's already stated so.

Having dinner with Mr and Mrs Hardwick and Dan from time to time will also make it an easy decision.

Daniel’s brother, if even close to Daniel’s level of talent will definitely be at the bombers.

If he’s anywhere near as good as Daniel Essendon will not jeopardise any chance they have of getting him, he’ll already be well looked after by the bombers.
no they need to identify talent that hasent had a footy in their hands from
day 1 and then they can develop them /take them in the draft aftwerwards

Geez people get worked up by this haha.
Why the F would Maurice choose the bombers or Freo?
He has been groomed as a Tiger since he was born. He is playing for the Korimangie group atm and has been seen at Tigers games this year.
He also has Dan at the Tigs.
He also gets to nominate what club he prefers to go to as a FS ala Blakley this year with the choose of North, Swans or GWS.

no they need to identify talent that hasent had a footy in their hands from
day 1 and then they can develop them /take them in the draft aftwerwards
It’s all irrelevant anyway, if Daniel Rioli’s brother is as good as Daniel he won’t be at Richmond anyway unless we completely bottom out the year of his draft if what you say is correct.

If he’s anywhere near Daniel’s level of talent he’ll probably go top 10.

It’s all irrelevant anyway, if Daniel Rioli’s brother is as good as Daniel he won’t be at Richmond anyway unless we completely bottom out the year of his draft if what you say is correct.

If he’s anywhere near Daniel’s level of talent he’ll probably go top 10.
he’ll tank the draft and come to us at pick 19

Not sure about that. I thought it was for kids from mixed ethnic backgrounds (seems indigenous kids are ethnic in their own country). Derek E.Smith is from a footy/indigenous background and was drafted through the academy I think. If not there are certainly indigenous kids in the academy.

The non-Qld/NSW Academies are for both indigenous and non-traditional backgrounds. How that works in WA and SA I don't know (would be a huge bias if they could get all the indigenous kids there). See the map link below. Weird map. Some indigenous kids have no club. Most have a club.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/game-development/nab-afl-rising-star-program/nga-clubacademies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The non-Qld/NSW Academies are for both indigenous and non-traditional backgrounds. How that works in WA and SA I don't know (would be a huge bias if they could get all the indigenous kids there). See the map link below. Weird map. Some indigenous kids have no club. Most have a club.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/game-development/nab-afl-rising-star-program/nga-clubacademies
i find it hard to believe that essendrugs and hawforn can have whichever non father son rioli they want in the future...

someone needs to make it clear

i find it hard to believe that essendrugs and hawforn can have whichever non father son rioli they want in the future...

someone needs to make it clear

It's the AFL - disbelief at the actual decisions they make is pretty much par for the course. Then, of course, they do actually make those decisions.

The way it works is we get first dibs if no interest from other clubs, ie doesn't go in the draft. The implication is that a Rioli will have plenty of interest, and more than likely go in the draft, which means academy selection won't come into it.

Posted on another forum - Turk-D-Tiger

Ran into Daniel Rioli today at the hampton 7-11 on south rd today
I was filling up fuel and he pulled up to fill up as well and had a great chat with him about 15 minutes

* Over the moon he played midfield and got 25 touches the grin on his face was huge when talking about playing mid
*Walk like he was sore and i asked him about it he said he still gets sore after games and the gold coast hard ground did not help
* Shai Bolton asked about him and Rioli thinks he is a gun but doesnt know if he will stay and didnt give me too much confidence about bolton staying but he said he and the boys hope he does stay
* Tom Lynch - He has no clue and said the player have not been told or asked anything and he said he knows as much as we do so not sure but would like him in the team
*MRJ , He said he is a massive fan and no doubt hes a tiger ( his words were 100% tiger bro no chance anywhere els) I asked him would he give up his number and he said sure when im finished he can have it
mhihi.gif

* Spoke about Cyril and he said head space with all thats happened , I asked do you think he will come back - Dont think so bro he'll be too fat lol

Great guy and fantastic smile and was happy to keep chatting but i said i dont want to take up too much time mate ill let you go, so we got in our cars
On the way out he passed me saying Go Tiges

Great Great kid

The way it works is we get first dibs if no interest from other clubs, ie doesn't go in the draft. The implication is that a Rioli will have plenty of interest, and more than likely go in the draft, which means academy selection won't come into it.
I hope you guys are right. Another Rioli in Red and Black or Yellow and Brown doesn’t bear thinking about! :(

I was filling up fuel and he pulled up to fill up as well and had a great chat with him about 15 minutes

* Over the moon he played midfield and got 25 touches the grin on his face was huge when talking about playing mid
*Walk like he was sore and i asked him about it he said he still gets sore after games and the gold coast hard ground did not help
* Shai Bolton asked about him and Rioli thinks he is a gun but doesnt know if he will stay and didnt give me too much confidence about bolton staying but he said he and the boys hope he does stay
* Tom Lynch - He has no clue and said the player have not been told or asked anything and he said he knows as much as we do so not sure but would like him in the team
*MRJ , He said he is a massive fan and no doubt hes a tiger ( his words were 100% tiger bro no chance anywhere els) I asked him would he give up his number and he said sure when im finished he can have it
mhihi.gif

* Spoke about Cyril and he said head space with all thats happened , I asked do you think he will come back - Dont think so bro he'll be too fat lol

Great guy and fantastic smile and was happy to keep chatting but i said i dont want to take up too much time mate ill let you go, so we got in our cars

Great Great kid
I’ve spoken with dan many times and convos don’t go for longer than 5 minutes, maybe he just doesn’t like me lol

mhihi.gif

Great Great kid
lol wtf that bloke is a tad creepy with all those questions at a servo

* me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back