15-year-old Maurice Rioli Jnr To Make Senior Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s correct, they’ve had Tarryn Thomas around the club for a couple of years now it’s exactly like the father son system, was introduced to even it up somewhat with the academies the northern clubs get but it’s not all players from each area you’re given just indigenous players and multi cultural backgrounds.
Jye Simpson would be a tiger if it came in 12 months earlier.

He’s correct, they’ve had Tarryn Thomas around the club for a couple of years now it’s exactly like the father son system, was introduced to even it up somewhat with the academies the northern clubs get but it’s not all players from each area you’re given just indigenous players and multi cultural backgrounds.
so essendon can have all the non father son riolis and if daniels draft year was 2017 he would be a bummer ?

thats a joke

I’ve spoken with dan many times and convos don’t go for longer than 5 minutes, maybe he just doesn’t like me lol
Maybe you move your hands in your pocket too much and make it too obvious.

Gotta learn the art of suttle movements.

so essendon can have all the non father son riolis and if daniels draft year was 2017 he would be a bummer ?

thats a joke
Yes though I’m not sure how it works with the ones like Dan and Cyril and now Maurice who left at a young age to do schooling and junior footy in Melbourne.
I do know that a lot of clubs were posed with the areas we we were given according to rfctiger74

Posted on another forum - Turk-D-Tiger

Ran into Daniel Rioli today at the hampton 7-11 on south rd today
I was filling up fuel and he pulled up to fill up as well and had a great chat with him about 15 minutes

* Over the moon he played midfield and got 25 touches the grin on his face was huge when talking about playing mid
*Walk like he was sore and i asked him about it he said he still gets sore after games and the gold coast hard ground did not help
* Shai Bolton asked about him and Rioli thinks he is a gun but doesnt know if he will stay and didnt give me too much confidence about bolton staying but he said he and the boys hope he does stay
* Tom Lynch - He has no clue and said the player have not been told or asked anything and he said he knows as much as we do so not sure but would like him in the team
*MRJ , He said he is a massive fan and no doubt hes a tiger ( his words were 100% tiger bro no chance anywhere els) I asked him would he give up his number and he said sure when im finished he can have it
mhihi.gif

* Spoke about Cyril and he said head space with all thats happened , I asked do you think he will come back - Dont think so bro he'll be too fat lol

Great guy and fantastic smile and was happy to keep chatting but i said i dont want to take up too much time mate ill let you go, so we got in our cars
On the way out he passed me saying Go Tiges

Great Great kid
You should of asked him do the pies have injuries

The next gen kids are like father sons. It was only the first year or two that they had to make it undrafted for us to grab them. It’s why we missed out on Kirby, Esava and Simpkin. Now though if someone bids on one of our next gen kids we can match like a father-son.

The next gen kids are like father sons. It was only the first year or two that they had to make it undrafted for us to grab them. It’s why we missed out on Kirby, Esava and Simpkin. Now though if someone bids on one of our next gen kids we can match like a father-son.

Someone gets it!

Also Dan’s little bro is completely entitled to reject Bombers academy bid and go into the National Draft ala Marc Murphy, he just runs the risk of ending up at any of the 18 clubs.

Someone gets it!

Also Dan’s little bro is completely entitled to reject Bombers academy bid and go into the National Draft ala Marc Murphy, he just runs the risk of ending up at any of the 18 clubs.
It still doesn't stop them from telling clubs they are happy to go there if drafted but will leave after 2 years just like a few have already........;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give the man a cigar and dan Rioli brother qualifies as academy , was only in year 1 that clubs didn’t get access as they’d done nothing yet in terms of setups , since then same applies as f/s with nominations

Someone gets it!

You’d think that would be unlikely given that gong to ess would mean being able to be in same town as his bro rather than risk going to bris, Sydney Adelaide or Perth . Most of the Riolis were originally ess fans

yeah but bummers hawks are gonna get all the aboriginal magicians
No matter how much talent the Tiwi Islands and NT have some will slip through the cracks. Essendon and Hawthorn aren’t going to have enough points to pick up all the talent up there.

They’ll be paying through the nose for any non father-son Rioli picks. No one is going to let a super talented Rioli drop to the second or third round.

No matter how much talent the Tiwi Islands and NT have some will slip through the cracks. Essendon and Hawthorn aren’t going to have enough points to pick up all the talent up there.

They’ll be paying through the nose for any non father-son Rioli picks. No one is going to let a super talented Rioli drop to the second or third round.
What NM have to cough up for their Tas academy kid will be a good indicator , most are tipping he’s R1 quality

Remove this Banner Ad

Back