15-year-old Maurice Rioli Jnr To Make Senior Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

So which club is going to bid for him to make us pay up an early pick, maybe we can do a Sydney and send our 1st rounder to GC to who we have a good relationship with to babysit and then after using our 2nd and 3rd rounder to match the MR Jnr bid, we bring back the 1st rounder from GC and send them a token future 3rd to say thanks.

I reckon our recruiters will be all over the scenarios, they'll be doing all they can to get him in as cheaply as possible.

Dunno if Bruce's testicles would cope with that if he was commentating and Winx was running the same day.

giphy.gif

So which club is going to bid for him to make us pay up an early pick, maybe we can do a Sydney and send our 1st rounder to GC to who we have a good relationship with to babysit and then after using our 2nd and 3rd rounder to match the MR Jnr bid, we bring back the 1st rounder from GC and send them a token future 3rd to say thanks.
Ess would be hot favs to try and get him given their own family links , Longs are cousins to Rioli and Tiwi is in their next gen academy zone

Wasn't he just named in the bests at Northern Thunder?

I think he is travelling ok.

Thunder are probably the worst team in the comp so very hard to get a gauge of his form, he is under age too so will struggle for obvious reasons, I’ve watched all their games so far and my assessment is that he ball watches a fair bit and is happy sitting outside the pack and waiting for a loose ball, I’d love him to really get into the action more, hopefully as he matures he gets the confidence to win his own ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of Dan Rioli a certain Pies supporter named Adammania named DR an under achiever who spasmodically produces a flashes of magic.He claims his pressure acts stats are very low! I recorded a post saying DR had achieved a heap more than Nathan Buckley and was still only 22yo.

He is a well known richmond troll , I made a comparison of Brandon Ellis v Jarod Polec career and his response was Polec is the better player due to Polec having a better 2018 and their career stats dont matter. Ellis at 25 years old has played more games and has better stats and better DE than a 27 year old Polec.

But apparently we should only compare them on 2018 stats

(Ellis is also better than Polec in 2019 so far as well lol)

Speaking of Dan Rioli a certain Pies supporter named Adammania named DR an under achiever who spasmodically produces a flashes of magic.He claims his pressure acts stats are very low! I recorded a post saying DR had achieved a heap more than Nathan Buckley and was still only 22yo.

That dude is right tbh. Love Daniel, he’s played a couple of really good games in his 2017 Prelim, and 2018 QF, but that’s really about it.

Averages 12 touches and 0.9 goals a game as a small forward in 61 games, he should be having a big impact in what is his 4th year but I’ve barely noticed him in 2019.

Dunno what comparing him to Nathan Buckley achieves.

People can have a negative opinion of one of our own, and just because it’s negative doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

If someone criticises Jack Graham are we supposed to compare him to Nathan Fyfe to stick it up them?

I reckon Dan will carve out a brilliant career, but call a spade a spade, at the moment, I agree we should be past the “flashes” stage of his career.

Different players of course but Dan Rioli is beginning to remind me by way of comparison a little of Melbourne's Tom McDonald.
McDonald has a beautiful Instagram model girlfriend and all that but does f*** all on the footy field where it matters.

That dude is right tbh. Love Daniel, he’s played a couple of really good games in his 2017 Prelim, and 2018 QF, but that’s really about it.

Averages 12 touches and 0.9 goals a game as a small forward in 61 games, he should be having a big impact in what is his 4th year but I’ve barely noticed him in 2019.

Dunno what comparing him to Nathan Buckley achieves.

People can have a negative opinion of one of our own, and just because it’s negative doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

If someone criticises Jack Graham are we supposed to compare him to Nathan Fyfe to stick it up them?

I reckon Dan will carve out a brilliant career, but call a spade a spade, at the moment, I agree we should be past the “flashes” stage of his career.
2018 was pretty much wrecked by his ankle.While his figures are not that flash,He is a Rioli and when he does get the ball he does something with it most times.A move upto the wing for this year was i think on the drawing board until he got crunched in the GWS game.2nd half of the year or next year i expect Rioli to have a more bigger role midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back