15-year-old Maurice Rioli Jnr To Make Senior Debut

In response to a comment on Twitter about Rioli wanting to re sign at tigers before next year

Sometimes you just gotta lol
10442E15-DFCB-43B1-ACBC-CB97F113FF95.png

None because it’s against the rules to be paid more then standard during your initial 2 year contract

Apparently we are tapped out and not drafting anyone for the next 10 years money is tighhhhhhhhht

Apparently we are tapped out and not drafting anyone for the next 10 years money is tighhhhhhhhht
If he is a bummers supporter it’s even funnier because I’d be willing to wager their cap is pretty tight as well. Maybe not as tight as ours but I can’t see it being far off. Didn’t they have to pay a heap of players more than they were worth to keep them? And how much are they paying for stringer and Shiel at the very least?

None because it’s against the rules to be paid more then standard during your initial 2 year contract
Not true, however, he just must nominate the amount prior to the draft. Then clubs know what they're up against. Plus it does not guarantee a player will get to where he wants for if he's a star, a club with a higher pick would match but not place themselves at cap exposure risk.It's not well known for clubs don't want every draftee trying to extort them. AFL also do not want this happening but cannot fully drop the players right to nominate $$$, else it breaks restraint of trade laws. You can not be paid more than the standard amount if there is no prior nominated $$$.

Not true, however, he just must nominate the amount prior to the draft. Then clubs know what they're up against. Plus it does not guarantee a player will get to where he wants for if he's a star, a club with a higher pick would match but not place themselves at cap exposure risk.It's not well known for clubs don't want every draftee trying to extort them. AFL also do not want this happening but cannot fully drop the players right to nominate $$$, else it breaks restraint of trade laws. You can not be paid more than the standard amount if there is no prior nominated $$$.

Only players who have previously played AFL can nominate salary terms. 18 year old kids don't have that option.

Clubs can try and entice F/S or Academy prospects to choose their club by way of guaranteeing money with a contract extension beyond the two year period. The last player I remember this happening to was Tom Mitchell when he was eligible for Carlton and Syndey as F/s and on top of that GWS were trying to get him to commit to the open draft because they wanted to take him with one of their 3 top 3 picks as well.

Mitchell, who had been courted by Greater Western Sydney, agreed to join the Swans last year, but yesterday it was confirmed he would be a father-son selection for Sydney, and that the Swans would have to use selection No.21 after Fremantle bid their opening round pick for the highly regarded midfielder.
As for the GWS bid, it was reportedly a three-year offer worth around $1 million. As a result he has cost the Swans more than what they would usually pay for a talented youngster.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...w-dads-footsteps-at-swans-20111010-1lhl7.html

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
If he is a bummers supporter it’s even funnier because I’d be willing to wager their cap is pretty tight as well. Maybe not as tight as ours but I can’t see it being far off. Didn’t they have to pay a heap of players more than they were worth to keep them? And how much are they paying for stringer and Shiel at the very least?
Dodgy compo payments which meant they could sign the players for unders and then bank the cash, didn't you find it odd that most of their players re-signed despite already being under contract.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Someone posted it in a group I am in saying it was MJ. I was dead tired at the time I posted it so took it as gospel. But looking at it now, I don't think it is him.

the person in question is very funny

That’s worth printing out and hanging it up in the pool room

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If there was moving pictures (gifs?) you could hang on the wall like Harry Potter, the maurice rioli double candy would be a fine choice

Is Maurice Jr any good or is everyone just getting stiffys because of his old man/last name? Hopefully he doesn’t end up being a Jack Silvagni type F/S.

Dean Rioli is on record saying MJ is the most talented Rioli he has seen at his age.

Back