15-year-old Maurice Rioli Jnr To Make Senior Debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Dodo will be bidding on MRJ you bet you bottom dollar on that , So if we have plans on taking him i would be off loading both 1st & 2nd rounders in next years draft if they fall after the bombers picks (which they should)
It still appears he’s shaping up to be a later pick, we’ll obviously have a much clearing picture after he’s played a season in the NAB league and the Championships but he’s still got a lot to do if he was to be talked up as an early pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His body has changed, looks taller and leaner, which is not surprising given hes a growing teenager, but i do recall thinking he almost looked preteen at the beginning of the year.
I just caught a bit of the last qtr. I was expecting him to be crapola but he was OK. I had been worried that he wouldn't be worth drafting at all. On today's game and another year of development will be interesting.

He is number 40 in that game. If you use the right arrow key on your keyboard you can skip five seconds at a time meaning you don't have to wait for the ball to return to the square after a goal or wait for the ball to return for a boundary throw in or kick in. Can watch the game in about 30 minutes if only paying attention to the passages of play MJ is involved in.

As for MJ, by far the best he has looked in any of the games I've seen him play. Looked far quicker and much more evasive which is to be expected of a Rioli. Would be the best tackler of the lot too. Kicking the only real downside.
He’s looking a bit more athletic than when I last saw him , good news ,a big 12m ahead of him and sounds like he’s looking forward to it

He seems like a lovely boy.

He is obviously very shy which isn't unexpected.

Whilst I would like him to mature physically, mentally and socially and become a Richmond star, there is a part of me that says his youth and innocence is so endearing that I hope he just has a happy life with 'the fam' up bush.

This weekend, the Riolis played their 1,000th game with St Mary's Football Club in the Northern Territory Football League.
The number surpassed when three Riolis — Shannon, Ben and Maurice Jr — lined up for the club in Darwin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back