Toast 150 Games - Tom Stewart

Remove this Banner Ad

Drafted with pick 40 in 2016

Made his senior debut in round 1 2017

Other than the odd injury such as a broken collarbone, a bout of gastro and a reckless suspension, Stewy has rarely missed a game nor put a foot wrong when on the field - his premiership dias celebrations being one of his most memorable fails

And when you look at his list of achievements to date, they speak for themselves

And I'll again thank Nick for sharing this footage - as I said in the preview thread, a top 5, if not top 3 highlight of Stewart's career to date

Other than the odd injury such as a broken collarbone, a bout of gastro and a reckless suspension, Stewy has rarely missed a game nor put a foot wrong when on the field - his premiership dias celebrations being one of his most memorable fails

And when you look at his list of achievements to date, they speak for themselves

And I'll again thank Nick for sharing this footage - as I said in the preview thread, a top 5, if not top 3 highlight of Stewart's career to date

Was there that night. Thank god we don't have to play home games at that soulless place anymore.

Edit: Seems I've mixed my memories I thought it was at Telstra Dome.

Last edited:
Was there that night. Thank god we don't have to play home games at that soulless place anymore.

We have 2 home games at MCG this year, and not sure that's going to be changing any season soon

That play sums up what I love about footy and what sets it apart from the other codes. It may have been a bit fumbly and imprecise, but in a high pressure situation, it was his effort, and his ability to keep going and keep going that shone through. That is what you need in big finals.

All that with arguably the best player in the competition sweating on the smallest error so he can pounce and punish.

Tom has been special. Thanks "Scarlo":thumbsu:

Gun.

Taken the legacy of the 44 - which was legendary before he ever put it on and has held his own in the shadow of Boris.
No longer in the shadow - has made it his own stands along side his legacy as Geelong great at CHB.

And there is more to come.

Gun.

From local footy also ran to VC .. 5 AA and a flag and a few BnF.

Gun

Go Catters

Tommy has come a long way from early 2017 when catempire wanted Thurlow in the side ahead of him.

Needless to say nobody could have seen him reaching the heights he has.

Superb player and one who absolutely kept us contending right through to that elusive premiership. Then our best player when everyone else was injured or fell off a cliff the year after.

Here's to his career lasting longer than expected with the late start at AFL level.

Wow this video got to me, love it. What a legend he is already!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As brilliant as Boris was with 6 AA and 2 BF, to think that Tom should achieve the same in half the games is just crazy.
He is a true legend of this club.

Last nights game highlights

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back