150 Year Anniversary Dinner

Remove this Banner Ad

Blight unlucky to not be top 3-5.

Aylett lucky to be in there at all considering he tried to ship us off to the Gold Coast.

It’s like splitting hairs after Carey. Clear number 1. What a time that was to be a North supporter. Intimidated everyone.

Arch top 15.

Glad to see Stevo get recognised. He was a warrior.

Choices were made solely on what they did on the football field, not off it. Aylett was a great player. If they took into account what Carey did off-field he would not be number 1.

Just want to share this story about Les Foote, it was the day before the 1999 grand final, I was a young bloke working in the city and had my North Melbourne scarf on. A old man walked up to me and said “ you support the right team son”.
He asked me questions about how long I had barracked for North, favourite players at the club etc. I told him it started with Malcom Blight, then the Krakouer brothers to the 90s stars of that day and I bleed blue and white.

He asked if I had ever heard of Les Foote. I said I know he is a club legend and held in high regard. He told me Les was good in his day, how special it was to barrack for North and what it meant to be a Shinboner, also said he hated * and he was very happy where Denis and Carey had taken the club.

He gave me a firm handshake and we both said “ GO North” for the big one the following day.

20 minuets later he was back with a North Melbourne hat and a A4 black and white picture of himself in his prime, in his North Melbourne jumper kicking a footy, it was Les Foote. He signed it and said he had to come back because he could see how much I loved the North Melbourne football club.

Les Foote didn’t have to give me the time of day, but he did, the club meant so much to him, I never saw him play but from that day forward he was one of the greatest shinboners to ever put on the blue and white for me. It is a person like this that makes the North Melbourne football club so special.

Thoroughly deserves to be in the top 10 players of our footy club.

Oh my goodness what a beautiful story.

Can you imagine how proud he would be to have made the top 10! It would have meant the world to him.

I hope somehow someway the universe has a way of getting the good news to him!

Some great stories from the night in here, kudos to all for sharing.

Agree with all of your comments but in particular the one about Allen Aylett. Just find it so hard to forgive and forget.
Even in his speech I felt he came across as more of an AFL man than a North Melbourne man. No doubt a great player and contributor in many ways but for me it's always felt as though his values aren't really aligned with the values of the club.

Just want to share this story about Les Foote, it was the day before the 1999 grand final, I was a young bloke working in the city and had my North Melbourne scarf on. A old man walked up to me and said “ you support the right team son”.
He asked me questions about how long I had barracked for North, favourite players at the club etc. I told him it started with Malcom Blight, then the Krakouer brothers to the 90s stars of that day and I bleed blue and white.

He asked if I had ever heard of Les Foote. I said I know he is a club legend and held in high regard. He told me Les was good in his day, how special it was to barrack for North and what it meant to be a Shinboner, also said he hated * and he was very happy where Denis and Carey had taken the club.

He gave me a firm handshake and we both said “ GO North” for the big one the following day.

20 minuets later he was back with a North Melbourne hat and a A4 black and white picture of himself in his prime, in his North Melbourne jumper kicking a footy, it was Les Foote. He signed it and said he had to come back because he could see how much I loved the North Melbourne football club.

Les Foote didn’t have to give me the time of day, but he did, the club meant so much to him, I never saw him play but from that day forward he was one of the greatest shinboners to ever put on the blue and white for me. It is a person like this that makes the North Melbourne football club so special.

That is beyond awesome. What a memory to be able to share.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some great stories from the night in here, kudos to all for sharing.

Even in his speech I felt he came across as more of an AFL man than a North Melbourne man. No doubt a great player and contributor in many ways but for me it's always felt as though his values aren't really aligned with the values of the club.
To be honest I’m not sure Allen really knew what was going on.

An Idea for the club to ponder which could give a good PR push for the rest of this year and into 2020.
A DVD for sale of last event so all members of the club can buy to enjoy the event who were there and for those who couldn't make it to enjoy.
As for any $$$ made out of DVD sale of this event a percentage could be giving to the RCH appeal and the rest to the club.
As for the Past Players it will be good depending on the $$$ situation flags made up pictures of great players of hanged up on back the level 3 stands for match days only plus with each end of the ground to called the Carey end and the other end the Dench end.
Just some ideas to think about as a club we should be embracing the History of the club more.

To be honest I’m not sure Allen really knew what was going on.

I'll be a little more generous and suggest that perhaps his hearing is shot and he didn't hear Sandy's question so he just answered whatever he thought Sandy might have asked.

What a truly wonderful tale. You have been blessed.
Thanks for sharing

Sounds really corny but it makes me feel connected.

Nah not corny.

It is the word I'd use to best describe how I feel.

There was past present and future in that room last night.

We move forward together.

An Idea for the club to ponder which could give a good PR push for the rest of this year and into 2020.
A DVD for sale of last event so all members of the club can buy to enjoy the event who were there and for those who couldn't make it to enjoy.
As for any $$$ made out of DVD sale of this event a percentage could be giving to the RCH appeal and the rest to the club.
As for the Past Players it will be good depending on the $$$ situation flags made up pictures of great players of hanged up on back the level 3 stands for match days only plus with each end of the ground to called the Carey end and the other end the Dench end.
Just some ideas to think about as a club we should be embracing the History of the club more.

Without hosing down your idea I am sure the Club could make it available to all digitally via their Youtube channel for free. DVDs are not the way anymore. They could make some decent memorablillia from it of they wanted to make some $$.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without hosing down your idea I am sure the Club could make it available to all digitally via their Youtube channel for free. DVDs are not the way anymore. They could make some decent memorablillia from it of they wanted to make some $$.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
You maybe right but thinking the bigger picture a lot of our supporters that are elderly and others that might not be social media or PC smarts that's why a DVD is an idea that you could package in a DVD box set would be a nice Xmas or Birthday gift.

A comment made re Chisnall's speech last night:

"This lit the room up last night, few of the lads playing now were talking about it later on in the night. This should be played before to the players when we next play finals."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back