150 Year Anniversary Dinner

Remove this Banner Ad

A comment made re Chisnall's speech last night:

"This lit the room up last night, few of the lads playing now were talking about it later on in the night. This should be played before to the players when we next play finals."

This makes me steam about the crabs that have been overseeing the club for the past decade, and who actively worked to detach the club from it's true identity.

A comment made re Chisnall's speech last night:

"This lit the room up last night, few of the lads playing now were talking about it later on in the night. This should be played before to the players when we next play finals."
Was electric mate.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gee going for a piss with Majak and McKernan either side would have given me stage fright for sure !!!
A truly wonderful night in terms of the history of the club.

All the modern day players were there - sitting together on 4 tables in the middle of proceedings (without partners) - and all the legends were there amongst the tables.

Just so many great players just wondering around - happy to chat, photo's etc -Blight, Greig, Schimma, Carey, Dench, Glendinning - I mean it was just unbelievable really. You go for a piss and you have Majak and big Corza literally either side of you!

Speeches were great, food and booze plentiful - just fantastic all round.

A real sense of something building with Reece taking over - you could sense it everywhere through the night.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My favourite moment of the night was Tarryn Thomas asking Wellsy for a photo, Wellsy turns around and Carey is there who hugs him and Wellsy asks Duck for a photo.

I just stood there watching it taking it all in.
Wellsy was at the game Friday night too taking photos with North supporters

A great night, have watched the top 10 replays at least 3 times each..
Watched Peter Chisnall 5 times...goosebumps

On a side note, I was a bit surprised that a member of Mr Foote’s family didn’t collect his award, isn’t this how these things normally work?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Peter Chisnall's speech

From 3:00 on when he talks about the women behind those men and the absolute need to win - just amazing. Run through a brick wall kind of stuff and absolutely 100% raw emotion.

Some great stories from the night in here, kudos to all for sharing.

Even in his speech I felt he came across as more of an AFL man than a North Melbourne man. No doubt a great player and contributor in many ways but for me it's always felt as though his values aren't really aligned with the values of the club.

I think so to, spuiked up more the AFL than the club. I think he has different values than that of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Ross Glendinning's speech like? Seem like he's more of an Eagles person

Don’t know what he is these days
But...
I once spoke to him at the Ivy nightclub when he was special comments on channel 7
We had a good chat , he even offered me a smoke ...menthol , lol
I hammered about that, anyway I digress
I asked him that question
He said “North till I die”
Obviously things change in 20 years, but I’m a romantic

Don’t know what he is these days
But...
I once spoke to him at the Ivy nightclub when he was special comments on channel 7
We had a good chat , he even offered me a smoke ...menthol , lol
I hammered about that, anyway I digress
I asked him that question
He said “North till I die”
Obviously things change in 20 years, but I’m a romantic

Just with his interview on Open Mike, talked more about the Eagles than North, also just saw on you tube an ad he did for the Eagles he did with Adam Simpson, and he was wearing an Eagles Polo. Also would be interesting to hear Aylett's view on where the club is at the moment.

Wish I made more of an effort to be across getting to the event, thanks all for those in attendance for relaying their experience. Really put a cherry on the win from Friday night.

Just with his interview on Open Mike, talked more about the Eagles than North, also just saw on you tube an ad he did for the Eagles he did with Adam Simpson, and he was wearing an Eagles Polo. Also would be interesting to hear Aylett's view on where the club is at the moment.
He was eagles first captain and a massive part of their creation and still is huge over here in WA. he had a lot more influence over the eagles and thinks of it more as 'his baby' where he'd see north more as a learning experience from one of the best clubs going around at the time.

Rossco works for Eagles now...I remember interviewing him at a function a decade ago and he talked about not liking Eagles supporters at all!

They appear to have a significant dick head representation, if Bigfooty.com is a guide.

The night was fantastic. If you ever get a chance to attend a function of this nature at our club I would strongly recommend it. The memories will live with me forever until the day they bury me. And i can tell you now they will be burying me in my North Melbourne singlet. Why a singlet, well because I think it will be a little hot in a coffin.

It was so great to able to be in a room with such footy royalty. You should never undersell the quality of players that have put on our famous jumper. Although we are looked upon as a little club, in my eyes (yes they can be rose coloured at times) i believe our best 18 would beat just about any best 18 from any other club. We should be proud of the this footy club.

The Peter Chisnall speech was inspirational and gave me goose bumps. I turned to my mate after that and said that is exactly what it means to be North Melbourne. We are such a unique club and no matter how hard you try to explain it to other club supporters, you are wasting your time as they will never get it. Only North people get it. I got to chat with a few superstars on the night but my highlight was talking to Peter German. I loved him as a player during the 80's and 90's. Very down to earth man was Peter.

I can pretty much echo what the other posters have said about the night and how great it was. The biggest thing I felt at the end of it all was, the club looks like it has got back its identity and it is united and heading in the right direction. I also hope the players of today soaked up the atmosphere and realise that in 30 or 40 years time, they could be the ones inspiring the players of the future and letting them know what I privilege it is to represent this great club of ours. There is definitely a lot of optimism at the club and I believe we are in for a hell of a successful ride in the next decade.

I love this club

Here's a couple I took. I've excluded any selfies as I look like a drunk idiot (which I was)View attachment 720748
Who's the bloke behind Boomer? Someone representing the Foote clan?

Dench looks like he's hardly aged, for a bloke who played in the same teams as Greig, Schimma and Blight.

More pics people!!

Dr Aylett appears to be getting on.

He's made a couple of blues late in the piece, but he's undoubtedly a giant in our clubs history.
I am really torn when it comes to the Doc. Champion of the club, great bloke to know, excellent company in all settings, very honest in his discussions, but should have been shot for high treason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back